General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Richo2003
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Any dealt with this dealer

Post by Richo2003 »

Hey All,

Found an FTO at this dealer in Richmond that I am having a look at. Its a 1995 GPX, Black, Manual (Mivec)...........72000k on the clock.

Comes with a 3 year warranty with AVC (Australian Vehicle Cover) and 12months Roadside...........looking at round $21k.

Company is SV Centre..............seem really nice on the phone and went searching for me to find one. Just curious on whether anyone has dealt with them before.

Cheers

Richo.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i think that joint used to be called Auto Gallery (just opposite Carizma, well sorta...) and I've heard ppl from other forums say the person who ran that joint was dodgy-as... never been there ever since so i wouldn't know if it's the same guy (trading under a different name) or not...
Richo2003
Apprentice

Post by Richo2003 »

Hey Mike,

Auto Gallery was the name of that other dealer I went to see out on Sydney Rd and yeah Im kinda thinking IMO that they are.

I wrote a letter pretty much offering to buy the car off them for a certain amount and so far they couldnt even be bothered to write back or call me so I cant be bothered waiting for it.

Geez, cant believe I would actually have to hassle someone to sell ME a car. I mean come on thats going a little far.

Oh well there loss, I guess someone else will have to take my money haa haa

Hey on another note, anyone know the size of the rear speakers?? would want to change them over but I couldnt get a decent look at em......looks like a pain the in backside though to get to them.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

oh so they moved there have they? hmmm... curious, did you happen to speak a salesguy by the name of Tom? (he used to be from the old Auto Gallery @ Richmond) he's alright, but the owner is pretty shifty... dunno about now though'!
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

ohh yeh i know which dealer your talkin about
but i dunno the ppl there though

that fto and the red one, have been there for quite a while now
Richo2003
Apprentice

Post by Richo2003 »

spoke to a guy named allan, think he was the owner.........

must be hard to sell cars when you cant be bothered getting back to people............lol
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Richo2003 wrote:Hey on another note, anyone know the size of the rear speakers?? would want to change them over but I couldnt get a decent look at em......looks like a pain the in backside though to get to them.
i think they're 6x9s... although come to think of it, do they seem a little smaller than that so i guess they're prob 5x8s??
elmo
Grease Monkey

speakers

Post by elmo »

6x9's fit. Dont bother with three ways though because angle on glass is too big and will lose the effect.
Richo2003
Apprentice

Post by Richo2003 »

would more than likely look at a set of six inches.

already got a sub so really only want them for treble not bass.........

now all i gotta do is get the car....haa haa, going for a drive later this arvo. heres hoping.
IND38T
Apprentice

Post by IND38T »

This is just off the topic but i looked for about 2 months before i got my FTO. I think i lost count at the amount of FTOs i looked at, i realised that most of the FTOs that i found at dealers were extremely overpriced and the quality was no better than the private sales. E.g. i looked at an FTO down near parramatta they priced it at 25K but when me and my friend had a close look at it ... the bumper was a different shade to the car and there was a lot of rust in it. So just becareful, the quality of the cars at private sales i found to be more intact and had less rust... so go figure.
Richo2003
Apprentice

Post by Richo2003 »

Yeah I have noticed that for the money private sale would be the way to go but I have to trade my car i have in and i have just moved for QLD so its got QLD Plates etc. Would prefer to just hand it over to someone else.

Will have to wait n see what happens...........Just Manuals I have found are hard to find cause Im not interested in an auto or tiptronic.

Will have a really good look at everything before i buy though.

Cheers

Richo.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

ever thought of buying from interstate? when you think about it, Sydney, Canberra or Adelaide is not such a long drive from Melbourne after all... LOL!

seriously now, you'd be surprised to see some goodies popping up in our neighboring states, but at the end of the day i guess it all depends on how desparate you are hehehe...

maybe you should sell the car privately first, whore a ride with ppl to and from work for the time being until you get the new ride...??
Richo2003
Apprentice

Post by Richo2003 »

yeah,

never really thought of buying interstate, dont you have to get it re-complied and roadworthied again for victoria though??

Was thinking about selling my trade but firstly its got QLD plates so I would have to change them over plus thees a couple of things that need to be fixed. Basically i wouldnt feel right selling it to a person but to a dealership thats another story haahaa.

Yeah I have found another FTO im going to look at next week....1995 GPX, Manual, Black, Factory sunroof. Its just getting complied now so we will see how things turn out. At the end of the day I really want one but if I have to wait a bit to get something decent then that is fine.

Are you allowed to post specific dealer names on here??? Just that last dealer i went to I would never recommend. Its funny though, I sent him an email pretty much saying you advertised the car for $19K why is it now $26k? and he never responded, even worse the next day every one of his ads on Trading Post were taken off...........dodgy......

Dont know how some people live with themselves after ripping people off........thats why I stopped selling cars haa haa.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Richo2003 wrote:Yeah I have found another FTO im going to look at next week....1995 GPX, Manual, Black, Factory sunroof. Its just getting complied now so we will see how things turn out. At the end of the day I really want one but if I have to wait a bit to get something decent then that is fine.
mate, that is one rare gem - i'd give it a decent test drive / inspection and if everything is OK, i'd put a deposit down straight away!!
Richo2003
Apprentice

Post by Richo2003 »

Seriously???

Whats so special about it....sunroof?? of just the whole combinations eg manual black, GPX, sunroof???

The lad said it is in fantastic condition so heres hoping...........
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

it's very special because it is a manual-equipped GPX with a sunroof... they are very very rare and hard to find... well, almost impossible for me anyway. took me 6months of searching through Jap auctions but i eventually gave up...

...hope you don't mind cleaning the car often, coz black is a fuss to maintain its glimmer!
Richo2003
Apprentice

Post by Richo2003 »

Hey GPXXX,

That dealer in Richmond is connected to AutoGallery Afterall........Bugger.

Doesnt matter how good the car is I still wouldnt buy it now. I mean the guys out there in coburg couldnt give a rats arse about me buying their car so imagine what they would be like if something went wrong and I wanted them to fix it.............

Shame though.

Yeah black is a pain but its worth it i think. So now Im back on the hunting trail..............my god so far I havent found on decent website with any FTO's on it...........anyone got and sites I should check out.

Apart from that I guess its a waiting game. Want to make sure I get something decent but also that the dealer actually gives a sh*t which, by the looks of things doesnt happen very often.

Oh well...............Happy Hunting I guess.

But yeah I wouldnt recommend Auto Gallery to anyone...think they are in Richmond, Coburg, Frankston and somewhere else but I cant remember.

Cheers.