Website Help. This forum is for problems with the website not for car help
If you are having problems creating an account - please post in here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

PASSWORD

Post by FTOluv »

A 'known' member of these forums has been locked out and had his password changed due to certain 'other' members.
Obviously that person(s) has no balls and is an absolute sook when they cant accept certain comments being made. This act disgusts me and others that have just heard it. :x

There are a great number of people on these forums that are also a part of another club/forum, so why should someone be treated like a traitor if they have started their own club with mates in their own state?? So what if its an invite only club. Its obviously setup like that for a reason that is nobodys elses business!

So lets see what yr thoughts are on this matter. Does this certain member deserve to be locked out because he and his mates have started their own club with different cars not just FTOs, or should he take a hike and never return? Its your say.
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

who are we talking about and what club is this?
Luca
Grease Monkey

Post by Luca »

Mil No one has touched anything,or changed any passwords. I am not at all impressed that after I went to the effort of creating an anouncement thread asking people to not post things like this... that you have chosen to disregard it.

Can I please ask no one reply to this post, while I investigate Further.

Mil, I have PM'ed my contact details. Can you please call me to discuss.

This is the final warning to anybody intending to cause trouble by intentionally working outside formal channels. Anyone posting random and offensive comments like this faces an immediate 3 month ban.

Luca
Last edited by Luca on Tue May 03, 2005 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

My understanding is, in order to "ban" someone, it had to be pass through the committee first, so if this case its true, then its not just one person acting alone.

And if its the committee "banned" this person, did they give a warning or a reason as in why? Anyway I though the committee stated that anyone is welcome, & people will only "banned" if they use abusive language directly to another person or the like.

Could it be just a techical problem? Or could it be the computer the person using had a virus?

Edit: sorry Luca i didn't see your post, as your can see i posted at the same time you did.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Luca
Grease Monkey

Post by Luca »

No worries Kevin, thanks for the clarification mate.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Luca has asked me to respond to this regarding a few events of late, normally i would have respected his locking of a thread and not replied. however as asked...

We have had more than our usual number of hack attempts recently and a trogan was found by the staff at the colo facility used to host this website (i have provided documentation regarding the trogan to Luca) over the weekend and has subsequently been removed.

I recommend that this user, uses the password recovery option under "Your Account" it will reset their password for them and they can then login and continue doing whatever it is they do here.

If they are still unable to log in please direct them to a committee member for futher assistance.