Alarms!!!

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

chop_sticks
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Alarms!!!

Post by chop_sticks »

Just wondering what brand of alarms all you guys are using. My alarm is a bit iffy. I don't really trust it, so im gonna get a new one. WHich one so you guys recommend. I was told Brant is very good or Mongoose.
k_gounder

Post by k_gounder »

I got a Brant Nemesis...has served me well so far...

6 or more point immobiliser is a must I would think. Though if someone is determined they will get it. Still might as well make it as difficult as possible for the bastards. :wink:
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

6 point immobiliser? That's Krazy! Do you live in Broadmeadows, Melbourne? :lol:

2 point immobiliser should be fine, depending on what the insurance company specifies. My insurance company said I had to have a 2-point immobiliser with black wire harness, that's all. If you're a bit more paranoid, then I would go with 3-points.

Personally, I have the Warlock brand alarm/immobiliser system installed by JB Hi-Fi. So far it has been great .... the only problem is a very sensitive shock sensor. But that could be an advantage sometimes. Most insurance companies prefer Brant though.
Hez
Grease Monkey

Post by Hez »

i have 3 point Rhino alarm i will consider selling if rite price. also has air presure thingy!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i've heard Vipers and Code are pretty good... been thinking about getting them for my car in the next few weeks.
chop_sticks
Apprentice

Post by chop_sticks »

I spoke to the guys at Brant and they said if i had 2 or more cars done at once i can get discount for everyone. The Brant system im after is gonna set me back $589, though if its a group buy im pretty sure it'll be a lot cheaper. Anyone interested??
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

dude, tell us a bit more about this alarm....
chop_sticks
Apprentice

Post by chop_sticks »

www.brant.com.au it's the AA02A model. Basically this is the model fitted as factory equipment on the WRX STi and Liberty before.
KillaFlop
Apprentice

Post by KillaFlop »

i would be interested as i've been meaning to get a Brant system...
they quoted me $648 installed for the same one...

with the AA02A model, you get all those extra features listed on the site at no extra cost?

when abouts are you looking at getting it done??? i want it done soon...
fuhrer
Apprentice

hey

Post by fuhrer »

hey guys well like u2 im also looking at getting an something installed and the one in there in pretty dogie... but think i would car start... anyways what dou guys think of car start???anyways let me know what u guys r doing if we can get a cheaper price well mabye... and do they install??
THE FUHRER
fuhrer
Apprentice

hey

Post by fuhrer »

i mean where do they install??
THE FUHRER
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

Brant will come out and install the alarm at a place you nominate (eg your house). To get a discount on installation you have to get two or more cars done at the same time at the same place.

Mention that your insurance company suggested Brant and Brant may give you a discount (don't know if they still do that but I got $50 off), my insurance company was Dawes.

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

fuhrer, i have been told that if your car is manual, then a remote car starter is illegal... I have also been advised that having a remote car starter also makes it more prone to theft (ie: easier to steal) because it is easier to bypass the immobiliser...

You've been warned!
fuhrer
Apprentice

Post by fuhrer »

02NV wrote:fuhrer, i have been told that if your car is manual, then a remote car starter is illegal... I have also been advised that having a remote car starter also makes it more prone to theft (ie: easier to steal) because it is easier to bypass the immobiliser...

You've been warned!
is that true?? well there u go ? well why they saying thats it a stage 3 alarm??? doest make sense... crpay jb... and nah it tip not man..
thanks again...
THE FUHRER