FTO SHOCKS

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

JSP-INC
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO SHOCKS

Post by JSP-INC »

Hey guys, i currently have apexi gt lowered springs on stock shocks... Can anyone recommend shocks to suit? A couple of ppl said pedders, others say go adjustables, but all i want is to match the springs with shocks... How much would i be looking' to spend???

Jun
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
FUZION
Apprentice

Post by FUZION »

Thinking of gettting whileline springs - any good?

Or should i just go Kings?
YYgirl
Grease Monkey

Post by YYgirl »

what sort of springs do you guys have? I am thinking of lowering my car? but i really dont want to spend too much money. some place quoted me $450 with kings springs. I am not sure what size springs we need to have? thanks
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

about shocks, would you guys know other brands that would fit FTOs apart from the japanese brands? i'm not sure if there is an inexpensive alternative that would fit, especially the fronts... some1 told me the rear is similar to the lancer so it's easy to source out, but the front ones arent...
any help would be appreciated.
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

Whiteline quoted me $385 each for the front shocks, they are actually Koni reds.

$214 each for the rear shocks

add springs, labour, wheel alignment, and you'll probably spend around $1700 all up.
Hez
Grease Monkey

Post by Hez »

i have HKS springs, they're so good. also i have asked around and KMAC sports springs, they're not so expensive. around 400, they'll also do any amount lower.
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

I have Bilstein adjustable coil-overs and bestex shocks all around. If you have the money (quite a lot of it) i deffinetely reccomend it.

The best thing about adjustables is that you can get a yellow sticker for being too low, than just jack it up again. :lol:
JSP-INC
Grease Monkey

adjustables

Post by JSP-INC »

.....hehe fanx, yeah not spending that muchy on shocks 'cos i'm selling the FTO sometime this year but wanna look after it.. it's a little bit bumpy atm.. :(

I am getting pedders,. 'cos a client of mine could get them real cheap... :)

Jun