how many kms can u get from a full tank on a gpx?

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO2sxy
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by FTO2sxy »

rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

I believe this has been covered in a previous post. Check out:
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... 74&start=0
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Re: how many kms can u get from a full tank on a gpx?

Post by GPXXX »

FTO2sxy wrote:how many kms can u get from a full tank on a gpx?
just quickly, on a manual the best I've managed is 560kms (both freeway and CBD traffic in a week)
Boney
Apprentice

Post by Boney »

last time i checked out a full tank.. i only got 490kms... but i drive like a madman...
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Boney wrote:last time i checked out a full tank.. i only got 490kms... but i drive like a madman...
did the fuel level warning light come on? when my fuel warning light came on, i only had 7 litres left! Thank GOD Shell was just across the intersection... *phew!*
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Installed my KMC dials the other day and couldn't avoid touching the fuel gauge needle :oops:

Now it's showing that I've got 3/4 of a tank left after doing about 250km. Just topped up on petrol today and hoping that needle will go back to normal.
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

The easiest way would be to entirely fill the tank, and then manually set the needle (pull it off and stick it back on) to show maximum.

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
FTO2sxy
Apprentice

Post by FTO2sxy »

hey i only get between 350-400km on my gpx, i cant understand this is this right?????? i swear everynight while my car is parkted my cars pertrol gauge goes down but ther is nothin on the floor...

what is suppost to be the fuel economy for an fto gpx???
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

i am getting over 300 from a tank at the moment but dont go below 1/4 of a tank now so not sure how much over 300 it is. I will do a calculation when i fill up to see how many Kms a Ltr I am getting. But i am happy with the fuel consuption by the 6A13 seems pretty good
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

dannyboyau wrote:i am getting over 300 from a tank at the moment but dont go below 1/4 of a tank now so not sure how much over 300 it is. I will do a calculation when i fill up to see how many Kms a Ltr I am getting. But i am happy with the fuel consuption by the 6A13 seems pretty good
dayaamm...!! was that consumption achieved with regular stabs at the throttle, or just plain granny driving? ....and what fuel do you use now? i'm already achieving 300kms by the time the needles hits the halfway mark, and it just dives from there and hits 550kms when the fuel warning light comes on for the first time... (Optimax)
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

getting 8 Km to the LTR and I dont drive like a granny
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

dannyboyau wrote:getting 8 Km to the LTR and I dont drive like a granny
stop being such a tease danny, LOL...!! :D

are you absolutely sure it's 8km/litre, or is this some kinda dodgy mathematical guess??? :? :P

just kidding mate... :) Found your GPvR wing yet?
elmo
Grease Monkey

fuel

Post by elmo »

OK so we get about 420 to 450 to a tank. We fill to full as soon as possible after light comes on, every time. Can get upto 480 on the highway.
Now heres the good bit, I use premium and it works out cheaper. I get a lot more K's from a tank and this offsets the price difference.
When driving hard, average about 360 to a tank of ULP, can still get 420 with same driving style and PULP in it. OK 5c/l extra for premium, you do the math.
And like my missus says (when i put ULP in)
"Babe there something wrong with the car, it feels like the handbrake is stuck on."
Try it I reckon you'll be surprised, GPX anyway.
JSP-INC
Grease Monkey

hehe

Post by JSP-INC »

i think i get about 300-350 from a tank of fuel, using optimax but lately i have been using ultimate.. i think that they're as good as each other i think!!
if i'm like drivin ring road, i do 100 (unless the speed is lower).. on highways and roads, i'm usually in 2nd or 3rd gear, never fifth on a highway!!
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

i get 560km's a tank, canberra 80km/hr roads...
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

I initially used PULP for the first 2 weeks, then i switched to Optimax and I have never looked back since... with Optimax alone i reckon i get an extra 60-80kms per tank and it is just so much smoother to rev... It's definitely worth paying an extra 7c per litre coz at the end of the day, the gains made on the road more than made up for its costs...

however i've heard good things about BP Ultimate though, but they're only available in selected BP outlets so you'll have to hunt for them...
JSP-INC
Grease Monkey

yeah

Post by JSP-INC »

..yeah and some BP's done even have it.. eeek
MADFTO
Mechanic

Post by MADFTO »

Optimax always seems to get more distance for some reason, I can add another 100kms with optimax.

However, as I said in the previous post, I use Synergy, my car was tuned for it (Now I'll have extractors and an adjustable fuel reg when my car comes back so I'll need to dyno tune it =P)
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Just measured my fuel consumption the other week:
I used 52L of Synergy 8000 and covered 356km.
That works out to be a shocking fuel consumption of 14.6L per 100km :cry: . How does that compare to everyone else?

I hammer mine occasionally, but I think the reason for my car's high fuel consumption is that I make many tiny little trips (both places where I work are within 4km of home). So I only have to refuel once a fortnight.

Will try out Optimax once I get my car back.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
patty
Apprentice

Post by patty »

i only get about 400k when the needle is at empty.
i have a gpx 95.