Well sh*t.

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Well sh*t.

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Okay, so in the family garage we have several cars, which I've already discussed before.

However, out of all of the cars, there is one car which nobody touches, which remains under a cover unless it's taken out for a show 'n' shine, or to head to a workshop to have parts installed. The 'project' car.
It's a 2001 VX SS Commodore (yeah gimme all the sh*t you want but it's not mine so good luck with it) and they've spent in excess of $15K on modifications, and it's the future father-in-law's 'baby'.

Anyways, the missus and I get home this morning to see her mum in tears and basically losing her sh*t. The missis' sister has a boyfriend who isn't exactly the most intelligent bloke on the planet (lower socio-economic, aggressive, wants nothing but a career in skateboarding, rippink skids in the carpark etc). Last night while everybody was out, he decided it'd be a great idea to take the cover off the commodore and take it for a midnight cruise. He saw a police car, flexed it because he had no license, and crashed the car in a ditch, estimated damage of $8K. The car was insured for only 30yrs+ to drive it, and the family doesn't know what to do in regards to costs and blame. IMO I'd report the car as stolen (as it was) and let him accept full responsibility for his actions, in civil AND criminal court.

Just thought I'd post this as a rant, and as an announcement of my loss in faith for Gen Y. I am genuinely scared for my generation. :facepalm:
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
bjk
Totes

Re: Well sh*t.

Post by bjk »

I think the title just about sums up everything. And I'd agree with you on what to do.

question though, where were they keeping the keys to this thing?? :/
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

well feck eh? yeah the guy sounds like a dick.

report it stolen, insurance should cover it and seek recovery for it. They'll probably end up putting him on a payment plan...

He'll probably get a slap on the wrist as far as criminal charges, unless he's been a trouble maker anyway.

and your missus' sister should think about getting a new boyfriend.
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Far out brussel sprout, the boyfriend must have a super amount of stupidity.
The father-in-law needs to get himself a shotgun.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Even if the car was insured for under 30 to drive you still wouldn't be covered cause he has no licence..

Did the police see him crash and charge him?

I would report the car stolen as he did not have permission to drive it. Regardless if he had the keys or not..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

rock_it wrote:Even if the car was insured for under 30 to drive you still wouldn't be covered cause he has no licence..

Did the police see him crash and charge him?

I would report the car stolen as he did not have permission to drive it. Regardless if he had the keys or not..
that ^
kiz wrote:
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

wow, that sucks :(
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Well the family pretty much just cornered me as I'm the legal mind in the family (studying it at the moment)

I suggested that they go down to the police station together, and report the car as stolen, and have him confess to taking the vehicle without permission. He was worried about jail-time, but I advised him that it was a minor-indictable offense as a) it was not a repeat offense and b) he has no criminal record, so it would result in a fine.
I advised that to cover the damages that the family cover it on insurance (as the vehicle will be reported as stolen), and then pursue the excess costs through the civil court, to arrange a formal payment plan. As he is willing to cooperate with the situation, I believe that a reasonable outcome can be achieved.
However, he's living off centrelink as he thrives on his career in skateboarding, so a payment rate will near not be worth it. All I know is that I'm now the favourite male in the family, and I now have the nicest red car in the garage.

This sh*t just pisses me off. This is what happens when you bring lower socio-economic people into a working class environment. /endrant.
Jack

Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Can you guys not send him a letter of demand of some sort?

If not, yeah, screw him, report it as stolen. Bastard.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Retsub
Grease Monkey

Post by Retsub »

F*ck the little sh*t, Make him take responsibility for his own stupid actions.

why should anyone else be out of pocket because he was a dickhead and f#cked up. :jerk:
1. 94 Scotia White GPX, XYZ Racing coilovers, 17" Rims (Son's Car)
2. 99 Hyundai Excel sprint (Another Son's Car) GOT TO SELL THIS
3. 02 Mazda E1800i (paper delivery van)
4. 02 Prado V6 (Wife's Car)
5. 04 Toyota Camry Sportivo 3L V6 (My Car)
6. 02 Ford Focus 2L Zetec Black (other sons other car)
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

if the insurer is able to seek recovery off him, they will also refund the excess to you.
no need for civil court. :)
kiz wrote:
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Does the future father in law know yet?

Maybe organise a meet and greet between him and the boyfriend, and sell tickets :lol:

What a douche!
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

UPDATE:

Father-in-law was told, and he was very unimpressed. He works interstate for three weeks and then returns for 1 week etc, so I think sh*t's gonna go down when he gets here in 2 weeks :lol:

Mother-in-law took captain fuckup to the police station, and they reported the vehicle as stolen, but no criminal charges were laid against him for the theft of the vehicle, as the mother-in-law saw criminal charges as unnecessary. However, he has now been disqualified for a further 18 months, and has about $800 worth of driving whilst disqualified fines to sort out, and we'll be expecting an insurance quote on monday, which they will be pursuing in civil court to reach a formal payment arrangement.

Kids... This is what fuckwits do when they're left unattended. Never leave fuckwits unattended when there are commodores nearby! :facepalm:
Jack

Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

You need to start your own TV series mate... "Days of Jack's Life"

More drama in your life than an episode of Home & Away :lol:
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Bennoz wrote:You need to start your own TV series mate... "Days of Jack's Life"
More drama in your life than an episode of Home & Away :lol:
What about Neighbours? More sh*t goes on that street in a week than Adelaide goes through in a year :lol:
Jack

Retsub
Grease Monkey

Post by Retsub »

I suppose it could have been worse

IT COULD HAVE BEEN A REAL CAR

IT COULD HAVE BEEN THE ****FTO****
:hmm:
1. 94 Scotia White GPX, XYZ Racing coilovers, 17" Rims (Son's Car)
2. 99 Hyundai Excel sprint (Another Son's Car) GOT TO SELL THIS
3. 02 Mazda E1800i (paper delivery van)
4. 02 Prado V6 (Wife's Car)
5. 04 Toyota Camry Sportivo 3L V6 (My Car)
6. 02 Ford Focus 2L Zetec Black (other sons other car)
SEEMYFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by SEEMYFTO »

Wow...this really sucks, especially when it's happened at the hands of someone else!
FTO...Making owners mechanics since 1994
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

ObsidianRadio wrote:This is what fuckwits do when they're left unattended. Never leave fuckwits unattended when there are commodores nearby! :facepalm:

:lol:
kiz wrote:
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

If he took the FTO, he'd be in more sh*t than a poofter's finger. Seriously, I would've left him twitching and bleeding in a pile of his own sh*t.

That's why I keep my keys on me at all times! I think the commodore keys are going to be very well hidden from now on... It's murphy's law isn't it, the one time he takes it out and decides to be stupid is the time he crashes it... However, that has also brought up the question whether this is the first time it's been taken out or not...
Jack

rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

ObsidianRadio wrote:If he took the FTO, he'd be in more sh*t than a poofter's finger. Seriously, I would've left him twitching and bleeding in a pile of his own sh*t.

That's why I keep my keys on me at all times! I think the commodore keys are going to be very well hidden from now on... It's murphy's law isn't it, the one time he takes it out and decides to be stupid is the time he crashes it... However, that has also brought up the question whether this is the first time it's been taken out or not...
I would say it has.. Probably took it out a few times and may have been sensible. Then as confidence grew in driving it, he tried to do more sh*t in it.. And failed..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb: