General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FT-TRO
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Fast and the Furious 2

Post by FT-TRO »

:?

Just a general comment,

I think Fast and the Furious II which is called Too Fast Too Furious which comes out on June 5 is gonna be a bad influence on all Import owners in Sydney.
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

You mean they are going to be worse than what they are already?

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

hahahha its gonna be a bad influence on young drivers in general...people are gonna start ricing up their cars more and driving like crazy!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

No offence, but don't blame it on the movie... blame it on driver attitude!

if you're mature enough to realise that it's wrong, you wouldn't have any part in it whatsoever... so unless you wanna make a prick out of yourselves (and give us all a bad image to the public and media), you shouldn't be influenced by the movie at all.

hell, there are endless movies about violence and sh*t, but you don't see much of that influence on the public right? i don't see why this can be an exception...

so all FTO drivers out there - obey the law and drive sensibly or you will make us all look bad...
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Or just don't get caught or crash into anything!!!

hehehe - just kidding :P I'm doing my car up now - watching the movie ain't gonna make a whole lot of difference to me....

dumb question - If we do all meet up and go to the drive-ins - (I changed the jap radio in my car) - last time I went you hook this little thing up to your antenna to get the sound..... where is the antenna?????
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

exactly! some of us only have the antenna on the back window, so those things are useless...

you could hold it in one arm and connect your other arm to the back window if youre having a weak reception.... im serious! it works! :mrgreen:

oh an about 2 fast 2 furious... i agree that it can influence some immature kids with cars in bad ways... i saw a bad crash the other night on m4... a shite skyline had stcked it real bad into the back of another car... the impact looked like it made it half way into the engine bay... thats how bad it was... another example of bad impression for import cars unfortunately...
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

drive-ins have little boxes that u put in your window and it is called a speaker!!!!!
And dont start putting sh*t on the movie!
If your scared that your gunna do bad sh*t on the road, then dont watch the movie! stick to watching BOB THE BUILDER!!!
FOULZ
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hmmm... i kinda enjoy Bob the Builder actually! :wink: LMAO...!! :D:D
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

hehehehe - I know they have the speaker things - (but the sound is crap compared to what comes out of the system in the car....... ) :lol:
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

Maybe you should take some blu-tak with you to hold the wire up against the back window instead of having to hold it there with your hand.

M@
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well i don't think we can denial the influence of the movie, just check out how many Supra are there on the road these days!

Funny enough I even got a kid who told me "How 2 drive all the different type of performance cars" & "How he can kick eveyone ass on the road with a 82kw Civic" after he watched the Jap cartoon "Initial D"! I just stand there laugh silently 2 myself & let him 2 be the "expert".

If ppl decided 2 look "cool" on the street nothing can stop them except 4 the poles & trees! And i'm sure most of them will learn the hard way of theres more things then just driving fast on straight!

Anyway I think i'm going 2 import 3-4 EVO 7 to cash in from 2F2F! ahahahahahahaa :twisted:
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

there's no doubt that the media does influence us all in good ways and bad ways... depends on how naive and uneducated you are.... i aready do plenty of bad things on the road :mrgreen: but nothings gonna stop me from watching the movie!

about the speakers... that must be a new addition, im glad at least they have that as a last resort.

and with the antenna, the last time i went it would not reach all the way to the back, but that might have changed too!
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

Nah I think there have always been speakers, but they may not be in every spot. I think Blacktown drive-ins only have limited numbers of speakers.

M@
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

never been to drive-thru cinemas before, but i gather that the sound quality is absolutely sh*t house, right?

how does it work? just wind down the windows and listen to the Tandy speakers you parked next to, or what's the deal??
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

Well at the one near me(Heddon Greta), they broadcast the audio via FM transmission, so you tune your radio into 99.1 or something and voila...audio for the movie
sound quality.....it aint no DD or DTS obviously ;), but it aint that bad, though obviously depends on your stereo
They also have some crappy mono speakers for those old cars with no FM radio's etc, but thats what you call a last resort...

Besides...since when did you go to the drive-in to WATCH a movie
*chuckles*

SilentBob
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hey Mikey theres a drive-thr at Frankston Dandy RD, is one of those FM tune one as well!!

Get a bunch of imported cars friend & go there watch 2F2F!! hahahahaha :twisted:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i went to see the movie on thurs nite, and caught the earliest session (7:15pm)... by the time i got out, there were at least 5 supras and numerous done up Silvias, Celicas and Lancers...

anyways the movie was alrite... better car racing action (not just straightline racing for a change) and the quality of cars were a little better... shame about the wank sticker jobs though!
Boney
Apprentice

Post by Boney »

02NV wrote: shame about the wank sticker jobs though!
Dont make fun of stickers!!! lol!

never been to drive-thru cinemas before, but i gather that the sound quality is absolutely sh*t house, right?

how does it work? just wind down the windows and listen to the Tandy speakers you parked next to, or what's the deal??
were lucky.. the two drive ins in melbourne just transmit a weak signal on the fm band.. that you can only pick up when you in the drive in.. so the better your in car sound is... the better the movie is :-)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Boney wrote:
02NV wrote: shame about the wank sticker jobs though!
Dont make fun of stickers!!! lol!
i love your stickers man... no, really... :wink: they DO give you more horsepower don't they?? :? 8O

as for ICE, well my insurance is due soon so i'll have to refrain from my subs until i have more funds to play with... STILL no idea what to use, but i came close to deciding on a Cadence amp (60wrms x4, 200wrms x2) to run a single 10" JL Audio sub (single V/C)...
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

saw 2 fast and 2 furious last night.

I reckon it's better than the 1st 1 plus i just luv the cars they had but you put dannyboy's fto and than theres no competition. :wink:

A bit 2 predictable ey? wont go into it cause some ppl may still not seen it.

Ye afterwards there were couple of supras and f@#$en 80's corrolas which were trying out for fast and furious 3 (driving like maniacs)! :lol: