Exhaust Options

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Boney
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Exhaust Options

Post by Boney »

Just wondering what everyone has done with there exhausts.. what kind of system, rough price, performance gains, sound.. ect...

would love some recommendations as im looking to upgrade my exhaust at the moment.. and would love some ideas of where to start looking, insted of just walking into a place and have a salesman talk me into buy a peice of rubbish!

oh!! of course.. any recomendations for exhaust places in melbourne??
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i got a 2.5" cat-back... i used to have a 5zigen fireball muffler, which sounded very horn but also very loud, so since then i have replaced it with a carbonfibre/titanium muffler with a silencer which made a huge difference... It's much quieter now, but it still sounds fantastic (much better without the silencer, but very loud nevertheless).

as my car already came with an exhaust system fitted off the auctions, i didn't have to go through the hassle of finding a shop to do the system up for me... It also depends which part of melb you're at. I heard Performance Exhausts @ Ringwodd does a pretty good job.

for a 2.5" cat back mandrel bent in mild steel, i don't expect it to cost more than $1100 incl the muffler. If you go madrel-bent stainless, then you're looking at $1500+...

There are Japanese exhausts that were specifically designed for FTOs (Apex'i N1 & HKS Super Drager) but they are quite expensive but the quality of the fit/finish/workmanship is second to none... You'll save more in the long run by having a custom system made instead.