Paint job

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Pkat
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Paint job

Post by Pkat »

How much is it roughly to have a paint job on your FTO. Im planning to buy a FTO and i want to change it from RED to YELLOW just the normal colour no customed. Also is it cheaper to buy the YELLOW FTO instead of giving it a paint job?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

$3000-5000 if you want it done properly. Keep in mind this is exterior only and -NOT- the engine bay.

By properly I mean removing the previous paint completely and then repainting with fresh coats of paint. Also, you want to make sure they paint it properly as in under the rubber bits (forgot what they're called) around your windows etc.

I suggest you look for a yellow FTO as the cheaper alternative.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

^^ +1 although yellow ftos are no so common... In fact ive only seen two yellow ftos in the last year... 1 being cris's car
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Yep, yellow ones are limited edition.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

5k plus for bare metal respray (not including engine bay)

4k for a normal respray, including door jams, and light body work ... If there is rust and a fair few dents, then add about another $500 ... This would not include engine bay either...