Passenger door seal :evil:

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

deanwebber
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Passenger door seal :evil:

Post by deanwebber »

Hey guys new to the forum. MIVEC GPX owner from Tauranga New Zealand.

Got a problem with the passanger door seal. . . I took it off.

The worst idea ever! Cant get the thing back on and it doesnt treat the fto right when its duck taped on. . .

Wondering if anyone could give me some pointers.

Also the reason I took it off originally was because when you shut the door it looks like its not shut properly (about 5mm). Wondering what needs to be done to rectify this dilema

Cheers Dean
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

It needs to be rolled into the metal. You need to tuck one side in first. I did a thread on how to do this about a year back I think. Trawl FTO help
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    deanwebber

Post by deanwebber »

thanks dstocks
    i just loaded the silicon in the gap and tucked the outer side in first
    then after fkning rwd for a while i shut the door and put the glass up
    THATS THE TRICK
    then i pushed in and pop it all went in
    just had to poke my finger in by t5he mirror to get that bit

now hopefully it stays like that :? :evil:
    RallyMad
    Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Hope it stays for you too mate

Oh and WTTC :)
    DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel »

8)

Hi there!! New to the forum and currently own a FTO GS. I am looking at modifiying my baby.
    she has already been kitted and fitted with an adjustable wing and tiptronic Steering wheel, I would like to know if it is possible to replace my doors with gull wings/scissor doors?

I am seriously going to take up Mechanics and automotive shop me thinks!!!!!
    J
    Oldtimer

Post by J »

DarkAngel wrote:8)

Hi there!! New to the forum and currently own a FTO GS. I am looking at modifiying my baby.
    she has already been kitted and fitted with an adjustable wing and tiptronic Steering wheel, I would like to know if it is possible to replace my doors with gull wings/scissor doors?

Its definately been done before... They sell them on the jap project f fto website. They cost an arm and a leg though especially to get them over here.

I think 3 members on these forums have attempted at making their own but theres not enough room under the front fenders for the struts or something, im not sure..

Post pics of your car ;)
    DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel »

jay6 wrote:
    DarkAngel wrote:8)

Its definately been done before... They sell them on the jap project f fto website. They cost an arm and a leg though especially to get them over here.

I think 3 members on these forums have attempted at making their own but theres not enough room under the front fenders for the struts or something, im not sure..

Post pics of your car ;)

Well thank you for the tip and the connection to get some decent doors.
    I want to do a paint job and al that as well, and i pretty much know what I want its the finding the parts and someone brave enough to do it too!!!!
    Love the curves of the car,and fell in love with my baby instantly.

But my goal is to get the doors changed. Also rumours of an engine change too.... :?: :?: :?:
    Will post some photos when I find some decent ones.
    :D
    koolio1234
    Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

WTTC :D
    [img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]