new to the forum and ftos

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mcgoonster
jedwabna poszewka promocja

new to the forum and ftos

Post by mcgoonster »

hi people
new to the forum and actually new to ftos
it might sound wierd to say, but i had never really heard or seen the ftos around but now im in love with them.
i stumbled across the model during my search for a new car, and you guys would probably be the best people to ask about whether there good or not? i was in search for a small car, fairly cheap on fuel, as my daily driver. are these cars quick? i drive auto too and heard the automatic transmission are good in these cars? what are the differences between all the models?
ie. gp, gpx, gr?

hope some of you can help me out with my questions

thanks
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

first thing WTTC :D
now for the Q's
fuel you will get anthing from 450-600Ks to the tank depending on how you drive it :twisted:
are they quick cars well they are not the fastest but they do hold there own more so on the turnes like on rails as they say.
the auto trans are good as they take on how you like to drive not like other cars that tell you when it wants to change you teach it when to change.
the GR is a non mivec 7500rpm limit, this is good if you would like to add a turbo later
the GPX is a mivec 8000rpm beast as most wouldagree with this life begins at 5500rpm :twisted:
the GP is more like a race verion it has the GPX motor but the car is lighter by aprox 30kgs lsd, abs, and some other bits.
have a look at at this site and you can find out a lot more info about them.
http://www.completefto.com.au/CompleteFTO.asp?aid=1
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

aza013 wrote:first thing WTTC :D
now for the Q's
fuel you will get anthing from 450-600Ks to the tank depending on how you drive it :twisted:
are they quick cars well they are not the fastest but they do hold there own more so on the turnes like on rails as they say.
the auto trans are good as they take on how you like to drive not like other cars that tell you when it wants to change you teach it when to change.
the GR is a non mivec 7500rpm limit, this is good if you would like to add a turbo later
the GPX is a mivec 8000rpm beast as most wouldagree with this life begins at 5500rpm :twisted:
the GP is more like a race verion it has the GPX motor but the car is lighter by aprox 30kgs lsd, abs, and some other bits.
WOW aza, that is probably the most quick, informative, non biased, accruate, description of the differences between all the models. Well done, i think that should be a sticky in the newbies section.

I will just add that a fto is not a high kw rocket that with a few simple mods you can make a monster. An fto is a sleek sexy exotic looking sports car that will out handle most jap cars of its era and beyond. Dont get me wrong its not slow, far from it in fact, its just not like a factory turbo'ed car and why would it be. The auto's are brillant IMO compared to other auto's, way ahead of their time.

Take one for a spin and you will know if its right ;)
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
mcgoonster

Post by mcgoonster »

this has been really helpful guys, thanks
i think the fact its non turbo was a plus for me as i'm still on my Ps and can't drive turbos.
do many people convert these cars to turbo?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mcgoonster wrote:this has been really helpful guys, thanks
i think the fact its non turbo was a plus for me as i'm still on my Ps and can't drive turbos.
do many people convert these cars to turbo?
Well if you cant drive turbo's i cant recommend the fto enough.

Generally speaking, no not many turbo (in australia) this is due mostly to the lack of knowledge and experience by previous mechanics who have taken on the task, screwed it up and then scared a lot of people away from trying it. But it is getting more and more popular as well as engine swaps with evo's and legnum's.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

aza013 wrote:first thing WTTC :D
now for the Q's
Spot on!

Firstly WTTC... I was in your situation a few months back and was looking for a car for months, test drove everything in its class and nothing could beat the fto as an all rounder. Handles beautifully, Feels tough and likes to rev and offers you reliability and daily mobility. Ive tried everything and nothing offered me such a good package.

I also believe it was japans car of the year in 1995, so there you go, the ppl have spoken.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

WTTC :)