Heathcote drag meet!

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

scracy
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Heathcote drag meet!

Post by scracy »

Havent had a chance to discuss this yet with our beloved moderater/organiser but who would be interested in a drag meet at heathcote? The cost from memory would be around $50 and you would need a helmet. No cams license or anything would be required and unlike calder you get maybe 15 or more runs in a day. There have been posts about cars youve beaten etc. but how many of us really know how quick their cars really are? Theres one way to find out. Could we organise something like this Mikey? :lol:
Last edited by scracy on Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I like the idea... do the owners of stock cars get to play too, or can we go to watch? (I like to watch :wink: :lol: )

I would like to know my 0-100kms time too
LED ALL the things.
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Anybody and everybody could go. Stock ftos etc times dont really matter (there will be plenty of cars that will kick our arses) Its an opertunity for club members to race each other in a responsible and safe environment and get an idea of what our cars are capable of. :lol:
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Re : Heathcote,
I know that one of the other clubs are joining a few clubs going there this weekend is anyone heading up there for that ?
I know that there is a pre meet for this on the Hume Hwy at KFC at approx 1.30pm.
Then everybody is heading out to heathcote from there.
:wink:
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Hey sxcfto i would go up there this weekend but my car is missing some wheels at the moment :cry: I put up this post to see if anyone was interested in this kinda thing, maybe mikey could organise something for early next year? Our cars wont be the quickest but if a few of us go we might bump into people that might have an fto or know someone that does. It could be another way to promote our club by our prescence.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

dam mistake, read the next one
Last edited by FTO338 on Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hey scracy, i got a set of FTO wheels if u want 2 borrow them, just stick your tires on them, cause mine is on another car atm, but i'm sure u got some tires hanging around!!

Cheers
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Thanks for the offer Kev I really appreciate it mate but i should get my rims back on monday,cant wait to see them as i dont think anyone has ever had the factory rims polished! :lol:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hey gang, i'm baaaaaack!

sorry about the long absence... been away these past few days and those who know my situation, internet access is very hard to come by, hehehe... ;)

i actually had this event planned in mind some time ago, but never got around to planning it yet because I had wanted to see if we had enough expressions of interest from this club first...

i'd say we are looking at sometime around mid April or early May (when the air starts to get a little' cooler for our turbos, hehehehe...) if things go to plan, the turbo work on my car should complete by early March so yes I am just as keen to stretch the legs on my baby as much as you guys, but not now coz i done wanna break anything and trailer the thing back to Melbourne *touchwood*

our main priority at the moment is get our club membership thing sorted ASAP, but thanks for your input - i will note this down into my diary of planned events for next year. Stay tuned!
WILL
Grease Monkey

Post by WILL »

I m in!

Want to see how slowwww my car is.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

WILL wrote:I m in!

Want to see how slowwww my car is.
haha, have faith in your pride and joy Will... ;)
jester
Grease Monkey

Post by jester »

I am down for heathcote 2
Power to the stock! hehe :)

I am so dissaponited about missing out on the Xmas cruise!
I have to work!! Damn Retail trading hours!!

:(
MADFTO
Mechanic

Post by MADFTO »

*smiles* you guys getting turbos is gonna put will and I to shame . . . damnit =)

Argh, need to win lottery =P
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

there has been renewed interest about this event... in conjunction with eXclusive Motorsports, there will be a Test n' Tune event held at Heathcote during the 26th-27th June weekend...

In terms of cost, we're looking at around $50pp for the day (which should give you enough runs to keep you happy) but we will not be responsible for any damages done to your car... You race at your own risk.

Those who would like to participate, please let me know.

Stay tuned for more details.
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

Yeah, sounds good to me. Don’t know if I’ll race though. (Unless there is other stockies out there that want a piece) (Bring it on) :twisted:
Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Post by Guni_GuGu »

I'm interested... will they measure 0-100 times and stuff like that?

Can I take on some n/a cars like some integra's and stuff? Would be fun, to have some sensible competitin...
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

not sure about 0-100 but yerrr there will be other 'slower' cars for you to pick on LoL...
jester
Grease Monkey

?

Post by jester »

How this event going peeps??

How many members have we got ,

-going?
-going & racing?

Oh and if we do go what bout helmets & other essentials???...

8O
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

you should bring your own helmet, otherwise i think they have helmets for hire at the track... Anybody got one that i could borrow? ;)

if my get my car back in time i will be racing to stretch her legs a little' bit :twisted:

so far i only have 3 confirmed interests so the more the merrier - c'mon peeps! :D
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

GPXXX wrote:you should bring your own helmet, otherwise i think they have helmets for hire at the track... Anybody got one that i could borrow? ;)
yo mikey, i got a helmet u can borrow....