I JUST GOT THE 95 GPX

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

8u8813f1uff
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by 8u8813f1uff »

thats what im thinking....cause my mate is like 'my brother is jus gonan go and take a look...and maybe take for a drive....jus watever he can do without taking it to the garage'

sounds shifty eh?

i just had a look at the state roads site...they seem very professional...how much would it cost to have a check by them?
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

theres a common service called pre purchase check which includes overall checking and they give you a report for it. actually put the car on hoist and check undernealth, take out wheels and check brake lines and so on.
ultratune chagred me $110 for it. but i dont recommend ultratune as they are not familiar with fto. try this service elsewhere.
what im going to say is for $100-150, you can get professional check with detailed report which you can keep and study it.
8u8813f1uff
Grease Monkey

Post by 8u8813f1uff »

wow thats cheap...hmmm why is my mates brother charging me so much? issit cuase hes has to drive out to the place instead of me bringing hte car to him? cause 100-150 to take a look at the engine and take it for a spn is dam expensive
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

8u8813f1uff wrote:wow thats cheap...hmmm why is my mates brother charging me so much? issit cuase hes has to drive out to the place instead of me bringing hte car to him? cause 100-150 to take a look at the engine and take it for a spn is dam expensive
i used state roads when I got my car, i think i paid $175 for it. mind you i was at work when the guy did the inspection, when he finished he called and told me everything he found and faxed me the report. pretty good service if you asked me, and from the look of their site they offer warranty as well
8u8813f1uff
Grease Monkey

Post by 8u8813f1uff »

hmmmm it sounds pretty reasonable....i dunno ill have another talk with my mate see if i can get it for cheaper....but wth....he doesnt even give me a report and hes gonna charge me 100-150 -_-
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

from what i see, checking a car without any tools and equipement is not agood idea, with a charge of over $100.....please think twice.
if i were you, i'll probably google some big service cnetres and ask how much they charge for the checking and what they be checking and if they produce a report for u. cos big service centres tend to have a proper inspection checklist to tick on.

what u want afterall is to buy a healthy fto right?
8u8813f1uff
Grease Monkey

Post by 8u8813f1uff »

hmmm i think im gonna call off getting it chcked by my frens brother...cost so much and seems a bit iffy....dad knows a little about cars and he says the car is fine....plus the owner is getting it serviced right now....so im quite confident that the car will be ok
8u8813f1uff
Grease Monkey

Post by 8u8813f1uff »

hmmm how do u change the title of the thread cause I JUST GOT THE CAR ^^
finally...omg waiting so long...drove it home and it was great...cept theres a problem

for some reason when im driving, the cal will kinda jerk/stall but keep moving and i see that the transmission is stuck on 3rd gear and the N light is flashing...and it doesnt change gears anymore :(

i went to the shops and i hopped back in my car and the problem is fixed...but then it happend again few minutes later....

wats going on?
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

oh that can be simple or expensive fix first check error codes both ecu and auto error codes its on this site somewhere then search the forums its common and can be as simple as fuse or ecu reset to complete box change goodluck hope not too serious mate :(
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
8u8813f1uff
Grease Monkey

Post by 8u8813f1uff »

how do i do that? take it to a mechanic?
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

LED ALL the things.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

8u8813f1uff wrote:hmmm how do you change the title of the thread cause I JUST GOT THE CAR ^^
finally...omg waiting so long...drove it home and it was great..
fixed :D

all you need to do is go back to your First post hit the edit buttom and then change the subject bar to what ever you like :D
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Shame I didn't find this earlier.

Firstly, WTTC and congrats on buying an FTO.

7k for a GPX is quite decent, but it does sound like it isn't without it's problems already?

The tappets aren't really a problem, but they do get louder over time if left, and they are pretty frigging annoying at that stage too. Suggest that you save up some money and get them adjusted, rather than taking a cheap fix like masking the sound with a different oil.

Also, looking at the pictures of your car, it looks like it's been in a front-ender... not sure if you were aware of that, but might be worth taking a look at.

Anyways, hope that the car makes you happy... so long as it's reliable, then you got a bargain.
Resident Asshole.
8u8813f1uff
Grease Monkey

Post by 8u8813f1uff »

yea the car is a great drive...sorry i dont know what u mean by a front ender...but im assuming u mean the guy drove my car into someone else's ass.... but yea...im took a look at it the first day and i know its been crashed..i dont mind it...i liek the car nontheless

as for the tappets....i have the money to fix them but im not that keen cause they dont annoy me that much...but i will get them fixed somehwere down the track....

but as for my stuck on 3rd gear problem...hmmmm dunno...ill get another look at it...but yea its a great car....
my dad who knows a little about mechanics said that the neutral problem is probably cause the transmission fluid is a little low...so we gonna put some mre in and see if that fixes it ...if not illl take it to a shop caus ei nkwo nothign about cars

the guy who owned it before me is a smoker -_- such a btch clearing out his smell out of the car...i mean im not an animalll....cant jus piss on it to make it my own territory...
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Bahaha you could try, but I'm pretty sure that won't make the smell any BETTER lol.

There are people that will steam clean the car for you, to the point where you'd never guess it was a smoker's car before you... it's just about how much you're prepared to pay.

Glad you like it; they're great fun eh!
Resident Asshole.
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

yeah, go to a car wash which offer steam cleaning. they'll get the yucky smell out.
8u8813f1uff
Grease Monkey

Post by 8u8813f1uff »

hmmmm yea i think ill get it steam cleaned or soemthing...

ok now....onto problems :(

whenever i havnt used the car for a good 24 hours or so...it wont start....like i turn the key and then the engine will start but then it will die...whats going on here?

i read that a ecu restart might do the trick...unplug the battery for 15 min and then reconnect it....will it change the car in any way?

cause im a bit scared to do it
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Resetting the ECU may make the car stall a bit, you just need to take it for a drive for half an hour or so after so that it learns to idle properly again... best to do it at night so that when the car inevitably stalls in the middle of the road you don't start a road rage incident :oops:
LED ALL the things.
8u8813f1uff
Grease Monkey

Post by 8u8813f1uff »

it may make the car stall a bit? .... thats not good =\....hmmm well ive resetted the ecu...havnt taken it out for a drive yet...but i called up the guy who sold it to me and he said that because the engine is cold...rev it to about 2000 for half a minute or so to warm up the engine then it will be fine...and yea it does work

but heres another thing...when i do rev it....only when it is on park with hand brake up....it will squeal...dunno y....is it the belt?
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

yep sounds like one of the belts need adjusting.