how many kms can u get from a full tank on a gpx?

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by dannyboyau »

just a tip for you people if your fuel consumption is high, giving your lambada sensor a good clean and then doing a reset on the computer could help improve your fuel consumption,

reasoning, the lambada sensor can get dirty and not read the air fuel mixture in your exhaust properly causing your engine to run a bit rich and thus burning more fuel than you should.

Happy Lambada sensor cleaning.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

What on earth is a Lambada sensor?? What does it look like? Is it easily accessible or something that we can clean ourselves?? Is this part of the servicing routine as well?
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

I hope i spelt it right

it is basically your oxygen sensor that the computer uses to tell it if the engine is getting to much or not enough fuel, i think from memory it is in or near the catalytic convertor and if you jack the car up or get it on a hoist you can remove it using a spanner, cant remember the exact size but it has a couple of wires that run up through the exhaust tunnell and into the dash area and to the computer.
Zarak

Post by Zarak »

I have a GR but I get anywhere from 550 to 600 KM per 45L of Optimax.
I never drive like a granny and i would be doing most of the distance in the city while 200 or so on highways.
elmo
Grease Monkey

Post by elmo »

200??? 200 what?? 200 km or 200km/h???
cause mine only does 190 for most of my tank full hehhe :twisted: