Wanted to know

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by G_A_V »

I proberbly havent been listening hard enough for that sort of noise, would it be the engine climbing revs higher in which you mean creates that "mivec" noise, because i find i loose traction under high accleration above 5500 in the wet, I think there is a considerable boost in power above 5000rpms with all 2l ftos.
Though I would love to hear dannyboys turbo spool up on a similar engine ot ours, that would have to be the best sound :P
do your rekon u could record it for us ?
The vvti is basicly the same as mivec because mitsubishi sold it to toyota
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

G_A_V wrote:I proberbly havent been listening hard enough for that sort of noise, would it be the engine climbing revs higher in which you mean creates that "mivec" noise, because i find i loose traction under high accleration above 5500 in the wet, I think there is a considerable boost in power above 5000rpms with all 2l ftos.
Though I would love to hear dannyboys turbo spool up on a similar engine ot ours, that would have to be the best sound :P
do your rekon u could record it for us ?
The vvti is basicly the same as mivec because mitsubishi sold it to toyota
aside from rotaries and VTEC YO!!!!!/MIVEC at full song, nothing else comes close to the sound of spooling boost from the turbine!

i'm already making arrangements to record some sounds and vids for my new website (which is undergoing some major facelift), so stay tuned! if you can't wait, heheh, buy a copy of Gran Turismo A-Spec and turn up the volume! ;)

ideally, you shouldn't be loosing traction when accellerating in the wet even when the MIVEC kicks in, unless you are running very dodgy tires or extremely worn out shocks/springs... it doesn't hit you like a monster turbo or a 50hp shot of NOS, but you will feel that slight shove at the back when it comes on and you sure can hear it too!
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

im with you 02nv , the engine roars to life after 5500, Its a definant increase in noise. A friend of mine said its even more pronounced with an after market air filter...
With a surge in power of course you will get a surge in the noise too..
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

Yea i use to really notice it with mine before the engine swap when the mivec kicked in was deffinatly pronouced differance but never felt good about revving the engine so hard but sounded great and she took off.

I will ask one of the guys from the WA FTO club I took one for a run on a private road because he wanted to film the car accelarating so hopefully he had sound with it as well.

Surprised him when I sarted spinning the wheels in 5th gear at 160 Kms an hour. HeHeHe

I will get some one to recoed it some time in the next few weeks
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

u can get ftos around for $15k now, supras u can get for around $18k!!!...

i reckon 19.5k$ for a GR fto is quite pricey
Last edited by thecook on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
UberFish

Post by UberFish »

Boom!! hehehe :P

yeah $15k sounds a lot better than 20 anyday :)
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

unless its a lemon