Is it possible

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ncunico
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Is it possible

Post by ncunico »

I love the green eclipse in the movie The fast and the furious. Due to the fact that I cant get an eclipse in australia the closest I can find is an FTO. Can all the body kits and such be purchased for the FTO as I want to recreate the car to look exactly like the one in the movie. Can this be done and who are the best people to chat to to get this project up and running?

Thanks

Ncunico
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Errr anything can be done I guess, but you might just wanna buy a Ferrari or something. I think it would cost you a similar amount.
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

8O

Some people have more money then brains.
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
dstocks
National Vice President

Kits

Post by dstocks »

These are all the kits available for the FTO:

http://www.completefto.com.au/FTO_showcontent.asp?hid=209

Go Mad....... :D
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Nacho
    Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

I think the eclipse has a higher ass than the FTO so you might find it a bit harder to replicate the rear bar. The eclipse also sits a bit higher than the FTO so the wing might not look as good as the FTO has a lower roof.
    FTOluv
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

There is a guy in Melbourne that sells a kit car of the Eclipse from the Fast and Furious for just under $30,000. I think he takes a month to build it or something. I think he just uses a basic lancer engine. For the money, thats probably yr cheapest option into getting the real thing.
    BuCkEt
    Oldtimer

Re: Is it possible

Post by BuCkEt »

ncunico wrote:I love the green eclipse in the movie The fast and the furious. Due to the fact that I cant get an eclipse in australia the closest I can find is an FTO. Can all the body kits and such be purchased for the FTO as I want to recreate the car to look exactly like the one in the movie. Can this be done and who are the best people to chat to to get this project up and running?

Thanks

Ncunico
    AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

.....oh, you're serious? 8O
    FTO338
    Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Go & live in U.S for at least 1yr & mean time buy one of those eclipses. Come back to Oz with it after 1yr+ as a private import, get an engineer to convert it to RHD & issue a certificate under "exotic & enthusiast import."

At least its all original shape & parts apart from the steering side. But I hope you really do have some money to do this & not some teenie who is hoping few thousands will get you everthing. :wink:
    DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
    kid_dynamite
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

Don't forget checkerplate flooring that will fall out of the car when you blow the welds on the intake manifold from too much NOOSSSSS!

:lol:
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

kid_dynamite wrote:Don't forget checkerplate flooring that will fall out of the car when you blow the welds on the intake manifold from too much NOOSSSSS!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    FTO338
    Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Classic
    DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
    shue
    Oldtimer

Post by shue »

honestly please dont do that to an fto. ive seen a green fto and it looks like s***. be original and design somethin urself
    Storm
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by Storm »

kid_dynamite wrote:Don't forget checkerplate flooring that will fall out of the car when you blow the welds on the intake manifold from too much NOOSSSSS!

Surely you mean to much "NAWSSSSSS!" :wink:
    bigpitty1
    Mechanic

Post by bigpitty1 »

I reacon just a lancer coupe has more of the same shape of the eclipse, head light are basically the same shape, and just drop a eclipse motor in or something.