Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shue
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

carbon overlay

Post by shue »

hey,
i remember someone had their seat belt guides cf overlayed. i cant seem to find that tread anymore :oops: do u know who it was and where they have them overlayed, from memory it was a damn good overlay as well.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

It was adraino (i think thats how u spell his user name :oops: ), which is now Scarecrow's ride.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

was it done in oz? scarecrow put up piccies of the carbon bits in your car :twisted:
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Hooray CF -) I'll find you pics in a minute. He got the seat belt guides and the rim of the cup holder/coin thing in the centre console done. This was oversea's. He originally took a whole bunch of parts over (door cups etc.) but it was going to cost a rediculous amount of money so he only got two things done.

The quality is amazing, very strong finish, looks f**king sweet.

I'll swap anyone here my CF coated seat belt guides for a mint condition stereo and gear surround and their seat belt guides.
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Dstocks had his interior coated in a woodgrain looking overlay in Melbourne for roughly $700 I think. He mentioned that CF is another option at the same price.

Go find the thread about it, it's called "What do you think?"
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Yeah it looked pretty good. Costs a bit, but in CF I reckon i'd be very much worth the extra over a sh*tty stick on thing.

I'm a bit concerned that they'd want more then 700 to do it in CF though.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I've actually send those guys a email, & they said CF & woodgrain cost the same. So $700 for CF almost everything.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Hmmm, forgive me if I seem somewhat skeptical. Like weave glue weave glue weave clearcoat or sticking on a CF *like* film?

For 700 i'd be tempted :) But I still need a new centre console stereo and gear surround :( f**king *~delightful!~*.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

urs look like a proper overlay scarecrow and bloody good job as well, whats available from dashboard centre is like a film coating thing. looks real but isnt the real thing. take a look at their sample pics on their site. u can tell the difference . its a dip in process. freddy can do the overlays for me but hes kinda scared to do them as he hasnt perfected the technique as yet. wanna swap me your belt guides scarecrow? :twisted: