air conditioning upgrade for GPvR...

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

frozenwaffles
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

air conditioning upgrade for GPvR...

Post by frozenwaffles »

hi guys, does anyone know if you can upgrade from the manual aircon controls to the austo climate controls found in the gpx? if you can, where do you get the parts how do you do it?
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Anythings possible but it may cost you a bit. Off the top of my head you'd need the ECU (included in the control panel with buttons/screen etc) Outside temperature sensor, photo sensor (on dash) then the big one the actual airbox that distributes air to various parts of the car. Whole dash out to get to it and even then it's a mission to change it. You would need that because I believe on the manual air cars you moving a dial moves a cable, in the auto cars that's all done with little servo motors.

Good luck if you choose to go ahead but it seems like a very big mission to me.
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

i thought all FTO are climate control? 8O
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

akuma3 wrote:i thought all FTO are climate control? 8O
version R do not have climate control. They have almost the same interior panel as the lancer. They do not have climate control to try to save a few kg's.
frozenwaffles
Grease Monkey

Post by frozenwaffles »

mmm soounds like it might just a bit too much of a mission. plus getting the parts could be hard...
oh well, nice idea though.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

If you did go ahead with it, half the parts, including the climate control unit, are common to the TE & TF Magna... could be picked up cheap, but yes, a big mission...
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

I thought it was only the Verada that had the same climate control unit not the Magna? I had a Verada so I'm at least sure the Verada does have them.