FTO dials led kit

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dj_ules
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO dials led kit

Post by dj_ules »

hey just found this on ebay in the uk. there was conversation in the DIY part about somone making a bulb kit for the fto dash. and here it is thought id share it with yas

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-FTO-Al ... dZViewItem
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

These are perfect for a lazy ass like me :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

i saw these last week too.

nice idea. wouldnt mind seeing it on a fto.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I messaged the guy...he said it somes with (i think) 10 globes...will this be enuf to do all the guages incl. the Clock/Volt/Oil guages??
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

i think there are about 6 in the main console and 4 in the 2 centre dials, so 10 should be right
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

yeah just reading about the LED replacement - Work is great for that over Christmas!!!

Looks like 6 in the main console and 2 in each guage--so you are right 10 should be fine...

My only concern is replacements...but its probably a case of useing the existing fitting he has made and simply replaceing the globe...and this has happened to me before...but its rare.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

so who ended up gettin these coz the auction is finished? i wanna see what they look like after, guess they would just make the dials heaps more brighter huh?
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

yeah I was too late...so i just sent him a message asking if he still has them..looks like they were not sold. I have order my V4 dial kit which should come in the next week or so this would be a good time to put in new bulbs!! esp. blue ones with the white dials - wow.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Just msg him, i did, & he created a new "item" just for me. I got a discount as i only wanted one colour. :D

When i got them & installed with my 2nd set of dials (dam been sitting at home for almost a yr now) i'll take some pics, hopefully they turn out purple as my dials are blue & i ordered red LED.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... %3AIT&rd=1
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

yeah I got a similar response...not going to get them until I install my new dails and see how they work out color wise...
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Hey Kev did you get these?? were the LEDs a direct replacement?? If I bought 2 sets I think it would have enuf bits to do the centre console also...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I just recieved them on Thursday & today i had to modify every single one of them inorder to work. :evil: Not happy Jan.

Anyway heres a pic of what it looks like with the stock dials. Now i'm trying to get that stupid tacho needle out, it just won't move, so i can adjust it cause its the KMC V3 style.

Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

FTO338 wrote:I just recieved them on Thursday & today i had to modify every single one of them inorder to work. :evil: Not happy Jan.

Anyway heres a pic of what it looks like with the stock dials. Now i'm trying to get that stupid tacho needle out, it just won't move, so i can adjust it cause its the KMC V3 style.
Use 2 teaspoons one on each side of the tacho needle and slowly lever the needle up.
LED ALL the things.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Thanks James, the needle pops out like popcorn ahahahaha damit, but yeah all working fine now, had a test run & they are all accurate according to my digital one. :D

Those Red LED would not shine through the KMC V3 numbers, damit, i was try to do a purple dial like my old one, but now i guess i stick with the blue for now.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

FTO338 wrote:I just recieved them on Thursday & today i had to modify every single one of them inorder to work. :evil: Not happy Jan.
What was wrong??? need to strip the housing??

Did he send you wide angles or simply T5 replacements??
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

They just T5 replacement, damit, can't c crap after i put the KMC V3 on, so i'm looking for those ultra bright wide angle one.

The contact for the voltage on them are crap, you have to adjust them so it will touch the copper surface at the back of the gauge. And the contact for holding the globe to the gauges had to be adjust too. Took me an hr to figure out what was actually wrong with it.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ya thats crap...lucky its u first hey :P anyway i have been reading all the threads etc about the LED upgrades and will sample a few T10(4 LED) models later in the month once I have my dial kit installed. There are some newer T10(6 LED) versions...might be even brighter...including some new ultra bright wide angels...these might be usefull..I'II check yours out on sunday.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

The problem with T10 are that its too big to fit them through the hole, so you have to insert them from the dials side & not the back copper side.

If you going to do the dials then i guess it won't matter as you need to rip the stock one off anyway. But i found out they not bright enough after i stick the new one on. :roll:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ya thats what I understand..but since I havn't done it yet I'm not sure exactly...however with the T10( x 4) I think you can bend them at 45 degree angle and as you say mount them differently...until I pull off my dials I wont really know..I will do it properly and suss it out fully once I've had a look.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Cool and I can buy all the LED's the same time you do and you can help me do it as well! :wink: