leatherette doorcards

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shue
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

leatherette doorcards

Post by shue »

ok finally completed my back seat and my passenger side front seat. man a lot of blood and sweat later looks good except for the creases and a gap i got in between the back seats for pulling the cable ties on too tight. i'll do the drivers side this week . now whos done their door cards as yet? im thinking maybe get a pro job done. who in melb can do it at an ok price ? can u post up pics of them if u guys have made them
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Dave (EURO) is in the process of finding out for the door panel & stuff. So its in good hand heehheheh And i did warn you not to tight it so hard for the back seat. :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

i dint but after i fited them on it looks like i did. lol. oh well doesnt look too bad. or i'll prolly take em out later n redo the bottom bit
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

im still waitin on these. has anyone in melb got them done as yet, can u please tell me where coz im not gonna try doing them myself
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

k ppl i contacted the person whos selling the fto leatherette seat covers on ebay, they r in dandenong and want 150$ to fit the door cards. is that too much? i sent them a pic too. it would look kinda like this with the stitching in the centre as well
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

I have done one side of my door

If you have a look at the final photo, you will see that I didnt use enough glue at two places, which it boubled up. Have to get in to it and reglue it.

Process is really sticky, smelly and time consuming.

Use quality brand of glue.
There is heaps of residue left from previous material, so use heaps of sandpaper to get rid of it all.
Apply heaps of glue and use hair drier first to strength the glue then put the cover on. You need to apply pressure for a long time. As this is not a super glue!
Stuff some small bits of material to the corners (refer to pictures above)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

shue wrote:k ppl i contacted the person whos selling the fto leatherette seat covers on ebay, they r in dandenong and want 150$ to fit the door cards. is that too much? i sent them a pic too. it would look kinda like this with the stitching in the centre as well
Is that for both or just one door?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

both of them, they will remove the door, do the centre stiching and put it on and fix it back on. good price u think? i tried haggling with her to bring it down to 100. maybe i'll try the "i'll get u more customers" line hehe
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

No offence mate, but i doubt it will work in Dandy ehehehehe why don't u ask them if i just give them door, no removal or re-fitting the door.

Is piece of cake to remove & fit the door panels.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

hmmm. theres an idea. lemme talk to them tomm and i'll let u know
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Finally got my doors done, I’m pretty happy with it.

It was done by Unique Auto Interiors, cost $120 for both side, according to Peter, the owner, due to the curve on the doors, you have to put stitching along it, or after a while the leatherette will come off or have that bubble effect as they start to lose the stretch .

Unique Auto Interiors
140 Cromwell Street
Collingwood VIC 3066
(03) 9486 9070
0422 843 676
Ask for Peter
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

hey Kev..did you buy the door cover seperatly?? or did they just do it for you??
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

man looks like a top professional job, well done kev. now to get mine done as well :D. do u have to take the door card apart or does he do it as well?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Chris I brought the material from the group buy, when I got my back seat cover.

Shue, I just leave my car there, & Peter did the rest. They look top Pro, because he is a top pro, he just doesn't charge as much as other Pro. :wink:

I'm going back to redo my Sparco in duo tone leather, possibly next mth. So when I got that done, i post some pics. (Provide i take some pics in the open & not underground :oops: )
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

sweet, i'll pay him a visit when i got some time n get my door cards done up as well. plannin on doing the visors in black as well.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I assume he doesn't need the material as he can make this himself...probably easy..man I had planned to go to RevZone tomorrow morning to talk about a tune...now I think I'm going there at Lunch time...hopefully I get to go!! looks awsome.

How much did he quote to do the seats in leather? Damn...also gotta fit my new splits in the front...where is the time!!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah mate, his got leather colour sample. So you can just rock up. The material i've got are just 2 square meter flat sheet, & he just cut them to shape.

For the Sparco, he said he will charge $800 with the Black & Red leather. Dam cheap in my opinion.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I assume thats only the front seats...so will be around 1200 for back..i know you have your back fitted already.
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

well i want the side trim like FTO338, any recommendation in sydney? :(
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

hrmm looks good kev

i wouldnt mind taking out the standard trim on mine and changing over to a mat black or grey.

its close to work 2.

nice one.