when u need to fall asleep..

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

sublime19
Sooty!
jedwabna poszewka promocja

when u need to fall asleep..

Post by sublime19 »

Who needs a glass of milk? I chew rocks and drink a glass of concrete cos I'M A FKN HARD KNT.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Re: when you need to fall asleep..

Post by rock_it »

You should change your name to Chuck Norris..

Speaking of that..

Did you know, in America the brought out a Chuck Norris toilet paper.. It had to be recalled though, cause it wouldn't take sh*t from anyone..

The also named a street after him, over there.. But the had to change it's name, cause anyone who crosses Chuck Norris ends up dead...

:lol:
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Rockit's grand mother:

LED ALL the things.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

If only she didn't pass away a few months ago.. :(
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Sorry to hear man, my condolences :(
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Thanks mate.. Was a pretty sad moment actually...

She spent her last years in an old folks home, as she needed round the clock care.. I never got that much time to visit her as the place depressed me.. When I was told she was on the way out, I took a week and a bit off work and just spent time with her..

She passed away the morning I went back to work.. And I was going to extend my leave for the day, but already had too much to catch up on.. But my aunt called me when it happened, and I took a half day so I could help prepare the funeral..

Nan pretty much raised me as a kid, cause for most of my younger years, both my parents worked..

Carrying her coffin was the hardest thing to do.. Harder then carrying my grandfathers about 2 years ago.. First funeral I have been to where I actually broke down.. Miss her heaps.. But 92 was a good run..
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I never know what to say in these situations, but you've taken the time to share something so personal and delicate, thanks for sharing it with us here, as hard as it must be.
I wish I could tell you that I can imagine how you must have felt, but I can't, it must have been very hard and I can tell it still is.

Things happen in life which you no control over, and there really isn't much you can do about it. You had a very strong and deep relationship with your loved ones, a lot of people don't have this sort of connection; You can hold your head up high and be proud you had such loving and influential people in your life, people who helped you become who you are as a person, people who will always be with you because the lessons / morals they taught you in life which you are living and breathing everyday.
With some people in your life, it's not about the amount of time you spent with them, but the quality, especially with your parents, I'm sure she was very appreciative and proud of you.

When my grandparents passed away, I did feel sad, but it did not impact me as much as I've barely spent any time with them over the past 15 years due to them being overseas. Yes, if they were part of my everyday life, I would've felt a lot of grief, the type of grief I could only have for people I truly cherished and loved, which is something rare and to be very thankful for and look back on.

This is only something that will get easier with time. None of anything I've said has probably made you feel any better, but I really do feel for you.. thanks again for sharing something so personal with us.
Hang in there buddy.
Last edited by sublime19 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kuran
Grease Monkey

Post by Kuran »

that was very well said.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Im going for the comic relief angle here & comparing what Subby just wrote to the last line of Craigs signature :lol:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Bennoz wrote:Im going for the comic relief angle here & comparing what Subby just wrote to the last line of Craigs signature :lol:
jack of all trades ;)
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Blahahahaha.. Love it Ben..

Yep Suby.. Hit the nail on the head.. I wrote a farewell speech and and a tribute to my Nan that I shared with some friends which was to say thank you and goodbye to her.. Because I knew I wouldn't be able to do it at the ceremony..

But yeah hope she is lookin down smiling..