What is the GR oil pressure supposed to be ??

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

autobot
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by autobot »

vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Well mine is as follows
cold idle @ 90psi (when car starts)
normal operating temp idle @10-15 psi
hard acceleration @90psi (when approachind redline)
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Hmmm .. My gauge must be farked ....

Mine is about 80psi at start up .... But if I put the lights on, it takes about 20psi off ???

When driving, it sits about 10-15psi, but when you cluch in to change gears, it cuts back to 0 ... and yet again, if you turn the lights off, it thinks there is more psi then when the lights are on :?:

Is it cause it is a cheap "Auto Gauge" from Just Jap ????
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Could be faulty gauge but I used them before and had no issues
strange that turning on lights affects it? 8O
have you checked wiring? is sender put into sandwich plate adaptor or the sump? :?

when i'm just cruisng at say 50kph it sits around 30-40 psi while car at operating temp ;)
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Used all the stuff they provided....

Got the propper adapter, used all bolts and stuff, ran the power and the negative off the power and negative to where the original volt meter/clock were plugged into ...

So yeah, wiring should all be good ...
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Sounds right :?
what about the lights power are they into the light loom? or gauge may be faulty

another thing is what oil grade do you use as will affect it....
I;m using 5/50 at moment.....
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Oh and when you put in clutch it should drop back to low depending on how fast you cahnge gear of course ;)
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

get a volt meter on to the gauge and see if there is a voltage drop when you turn the lights on
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

vipfto wrote:Oh and when you put in clutch it should drop back to low depending on how fast you cahnge gear of course ;)
Yeah, thought that would be the case ... But when sitting at idle (lights off & car warmed up) the gauge sits at about 3-5psi .... Lights on at 0 ...

I am running 5/30 I think ...
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

As simon said put a voltmeter on it
It doesnt sound like faulty gauge as yo are getting normal readings until you switch on lights......
If it is smoke series I think they have a dimmer light wire as they light up all the time and then dim lights when turned on so not to bright at night...
I would be guessing you have wired this wrong just re-check wiring pretty simple :D
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah it sounds to me that it is on the same wiring circut as the lights, so that when the lights are flicked on, they are stealing power from the gauge. If you dont have a voltmeter just wire the gauge directly to the battery temparailly and then turn on the lights i bet it doesnt do it anymore and reads fine.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

It only has 3 wires, and I don't think it has a dimmer ... Cause the Oil Temp and Volt gauge don't dim at night either...

Wires are:

1) Red
2) Black
3) Orange

Red to constant power, black to ground, and orange to sender...

Will call into Just Jap tomorrow and have a chat ... I have to replace the Oil Temp gauge too, as it is stuck on about 120 ....

The funny thing is, I paid full price for the Oil P, and Oil T, but the volt meter was in the clearance bin, with no warranty .... Funny that it is the other two that are playing up ... lol
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Did you get to the bottom of this prob?
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Nah, not yet ... Have not had time to look at it ...

Have been working on my mates Silvia ....