The Right Wheels

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Makaveli_600
jedwabna poszewka promocja

The Right Wheels

Post by Makaveli_600 »

Hey all i'm new to this site and new to the fto scene. I own a black 96 GPX and am just seeking advice on the best wheels to put on it. I am after a chrome finish wheel, although i dont want a cunky heavy chrome wheel that will actually hinder my cars performance. Basically I want a nice looking stylish wheel, although that can also add something to my car in terms of handling and keeping weight down. My car is about to be lowered on king spring lows (35mm), and currently has no bodykit though plans for a kit may change. I would like to roll out my gaurds and fit wide diameter 19s and space the wheels out flush with the gaurds (im not sure what its called but i see a lot of the jap drift cars and show cars displaying this.) I am also a big fan of the deep dish look. The wheels i have narrowed it down to are as follows. Wondering if anyone could give me feedback, pros and cons of each wheel, wheel size and diameter fitments etc. Also any photos of the mentioned wheels fitted to any car would be great. Thanks much appreciated.

1) ROH Modena (in chrome finish)
2) Zenetti Kaotik wide pack in Chrome (look awesome, altough are they very heavy?)
3) Impul Racing chrome
4) I also like the Apec GTC wide pack though would prefer a chrome finish.

Any feedback would be great! Thanks all, Andrew.
PS. Please forgive if i left thread in rong forum as im new to this site.
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

Not a fan of chrome wheels at all. Wouldnt it be better to get a Jap branded wheel if you want the massive offset look. IMO if you're getting big chromes you shouting "tosser". And you wont find light weight chromes in 19s unless you get polished forged ones. Save yourself some ridicule and spend some more money on a good set of Buddyclubs, works or volks.

I got my wheels from Buddyclub wholesale in Lidcombe. Were 2600 fitted for P1 racing SFs with semi slicks. Great deal. Light as wheels.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Ignore bushido he likes boys. I really like the choices you have made except the last ones but my favourite is the impul racing ones and depending on what colour car you got will determine whether you should get the chrome or the silver with the chrome lip (which i think looks hot).

Or you could just get some rims that blend in with tyre and you cant even see them :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

But Buddyclubs are teh lightest evAr!
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

Listen to Mr. President Simon :lol: I like how my wheels camoflauge into the tires :oops:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

bushido wrote:Listen to Mr. President Simon :lol: I like how my wheels camoflauge into the tires :oops:
Im only havin you on :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

i Know! :twisted:
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Dude, seriously whatever floats your boat, not anyone else's.

I personally prefer light JDM-ish (but not exclusively JDM, I'm not a brand whore) wheels of reasonable proportions for the car... but I dislike fan boys of any ilk, so go your own way.

Since I'm lazy, put up a picture of each wheel and I'll tell you which one I like more :lol:
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

i personally couldn't care less what country the wheels come from as long as they look good..

im not a fan of black unless they have a polished lip.

i got Koya 'Menis' wheels. black and machined with a polished dish lip.
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

black wheels can look a bit too dark imo... especially when the tyres are brighter than the rim... maybe thats what throws me off

i have gunmetal grey wheels on my car and they look alright until the tyres go a lighter shade from not cleaning them for a while :)