Just bought my first FTO

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

gumby
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Just bought my first FTO

Post by gumby »

Hi Guys - I finally have a shiny silver FTO GPX Mivec in my driveway, my wife says I smile in my sleep now. Looked at a few in Brisbane all driven by young guys with mods galore and ' the need for speed' look in their eyes, anyway finally got a sweet unmod locally from a couple in their 50's ( I swear im not kidding ) with 73k on the clock and not a scratch/blemish to be found. they had it insured with Shannons and I was hoping to get some feedback on best insurance companies.

P.S. I took it to my Mitsubishi dealer for a service quote and was asked "whats an FTO" - anyway Glad I found this site and hope to be an active member.

Gumby in Qld
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Welcome to FTO Aust gumby! congrats on your new purchase - you won't regret it... ;)

we are always on the lookout for active members so yeah, make yourselves at home and feel free to ask anything/contribute... Hope you enjoy your time here.
airbornespanner
Apprentice

Post by airbornespanner »

gumby,

[anyway finally got a sweet unmod locally from a couple in their 50's ( I swear im not kidding )]

There are a few of us (mature age) FTO owner/drivers around !!!! :lol: Mrs airborne and myself have had ours for over a year, we are attend the cruises here in Sydney and enjoy them.

This car is enjoyed by many age groupes :P .

Welcome to the FTO fraternity.

Suggest you contact Stephen - alias smorison re insuranceas I know he is trying to get a club deal on insurance

airbornespanner[/quote]
gumby

Post by gumby »

Thankyou for the welcome. Great to see all age groups in here ( Im in my 40's myself - so no spring chicken here ) I hope I didnt offend any mature age groups by my "got my car from a couple in their 50's......no kidding"..Comment .......what I meant was how very very hard it is to purchase an FTO from anyone with hair growing out of their ears. I searched for close to a year......anyway ( I trimmed my ear/nose hair as soon as I got car....not a good combo ...ear hair/FTO )

....Now must do something about that bowls hat in my rear window.

Gumby
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D

Shannons can be a bit pricey for insurance, when I redid my insurance this year - they recommended DAWES, who came in the cheapest for me. Otherwise there is Famous Classic Car Insurance who are fairly reasonably priced.

Welcome on board from the 30's something age bracket :D

Cheers
Tanya
:D
gumby

Post by gumby »

Thanks Tanya and Airborne for the insurance advise. I will act on it pronto cos Im cruising around without insurance at the mo....murphys law keeps nagging away at me and with my luck im really taking a gamble. So thanks again and will be calling those insurance guys for quotes straight away.

Cheers - Gumby
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Dawes...
www.dawes.com.au
Tel 02 9144 6700

Famous
www.famousinsurance.com.au
Tel 1300 88 60 29

Sorry - forgot to put up contact numbers on last post

Cheers
Tanya
Theremin
Grease Monkey

Post by Theremin »

Welcome Gumby. For insurance you might also want to try Torque on 1300 369 769.

We have an FTO club in Qld (based in Bris, although there are a few members from the north). We are having a cruise on 28th Feb if you can make it. Join up to our Yahoo mailing list for more info.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ftoqld/