soft suspension springs? Do they exist?

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

pimped
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

soft suspension springs? Do they exist?

Post by pimped »

Has anyone come across springs which are stofter than stock?

I want my car to be comfortable to sit in. I don't mind compromising the handling as I never take my car to the tracks anyways.

Previously used stock springs and tein HA. Currently using King springs
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

You can have springs made relatively cheaply. All you need is an old spring, the height you require & a spring rate. Standard is 2.6kg/m front & 1.6kg/m rears. Try companies like Eibach - their springs are cold rolled too, superb construction.

http://www.eibach.com.au
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Surprisingly enough, I'm leaning towards this too.

I've got Jap spec (pretty sure they're jap) coil-overs in at the moment and my poor car is rattling itself to pieces around the north shore.

Next year i'm thinking of putting in some sports suspension or aus spec coil-overs, not sure what will give the best result (or perhaps just selling the girlfriend?)
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

how much do you want for her? And does she clean? :P
pimped
Grease Monkey

Post by pimped »

lol, I'll take her if mr-charisma doesn't. Pending she can clean :D

on a serious note, I even find stock suspension too hard. I want something a little more comfortable. Maybe I'm just getting old. Anyways, I've decided to give up looking for softer suspension. I'm going to sell the FTO once I find another car.

btw, how's the sound deadening going mr-charisma? It's looking good in the photos. She must be so quiet at the moment. Are you going to paint sound deadener on the outside of the wheel arches?
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Still have the boot & doors to apply Dynamat to .. & I will be taking off the front wheel arches & front / rear bumper & if possible - filling the cavities with expanding foam

The rear wheel arches / quarter panels have dynamat applied on the outer skin as well as interior & are packed in pretty solidly with a whole bunch of offcut foam.. so yeah, pretty quiet already & no more rattles from the dash :) but still a bit left to go

BTW - Just get some really old dodgy springs & struts ;) You'll be bouncing all over the place :lol: