General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Blaze
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Tiptronic oil and filter?

Post by Blaze »

Hi all,
I cant find the thread in this forum, even used the "search" area.
But I 've never seen it here before, so here it is:

It 's time to change my tip oil and filter.
Anyone knows where i can get the filter? According to some sources, the stock filter no is MD752072. Anyone knows any interchangeable number and brand, like Ryco or Valvoline?
And the Oil is ATF-SP3 DIA Queen (in FTO service manual, I've never heard this brand in here). What are other oil brands and spec can be used? Like 75W-80 ?
What sort of tip oil, other tip owners use?
I 've read somewhere, but not very sure if the LSD uses the same oil? or do i need to change it separately?

Thanks in advance........ :wink:

:arrow: Top power gain isn't @redline
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I've just get the Tip oil from Mitsubishi dealer, as lots of mechanic told me (not mitsubishi dealers), if you use some other "performance" transmission oil, it might result of non smooth gear changing, or might even having a risk of damaging the auto box.

Transmission oil filter are cheap from mitsubishi dealer anyway, is the same price as the after market one.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

just get your oil changed professionally! it cost bout the same price really, and they flush the tranny not just a simple drain and fill up job.
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Ive spoken to quite a few auto transmission blokes and the general consensus seems to be penrite auto trans fluid for mitsubishi (it allready has the correct additives) ive run it and never had any problems. As fto338 said the factory filter is the way to go as they are the same price as after market. :wink:
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>