Post by shue »

email sent 8)
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

fto617 wrote:uno to fit those u wuld need a custom rear bumper
becoz u gotta make bumper to match the curves or the rear bar
in this case it clearly is not the same as fto

We are looking into customising the orginal bumper, mate.Its actually pretty easy to do, for a panel beater that is
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

dimi i got a response from procarparts.com. no group discount, only the ones shown on the site as in stock is available and shipping to aus is 120us$ and they come as a set, ie with the centre bit as well and they arent willing to seperate them.
mr_bishi
Grease Monkey

Post by mr_bishi »

Guys,i don't want to piss on your parade,but have you seen how much these lights curve around the car?

You're going to struggle to make them fit the flat rear panel of the fto.
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style8,mr-dot-bishi.png[/img][/url]
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

lookin at the pic they are gonna looks f***** ugly on an fto. ugh i dunno. dimi find someone to make us custom clear lights!!!!!!! :evil:
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

okay so from the research ive done, these bad boys will ot fit, not even close, and the cost to get it to fit not to mention f**king around with, need a different suggestion

And shue thats the answer, i will keep searching but yeah would b more helpful if we coulds get other fto aussies involved
Atreyu
Grease Monkey

Hmmm

Post by Atreyu »

i think we should opena thread just off people interested in puchasing thoe crhome fto tail lights, i think it would be worth a shot, becoz i really want them too, but im not gunna pay over $700 for them.. its way to expensive.

So if someone is willing to start the thread and yeah get some committed buyers ill be in!!
HiRAEdd
Mechanic

Post by HiRAEdd »

It's been done many times, no offence intended to anyone, but everyone says they're interested but when it comes to the crunch, it's a lot of money.

*whinge*
I'm so f$%cking over my Altezza's at the moment. So far they've cost me over $1600 to buy and I've just spent $300 getting them resealed and the seal has busted in 24 hours. They've been stuck back together with stikaflex which apparently is the strongest stuff known to man (slight exageration intended) so to get them apart again to redo the silver and them seal them again is going to be a nightmare bigger than Elm Street.
*whinge*

Sorry for the slight diversion, I'm not intending the hijack the thread :)
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

HiRAEdd wrote:It's been done many times, no offence intended to anyone, but everyone says they're interested but when it comes to the crunch, it's a lot of money.

*whinge*
I'm so f$%cking over my Altezza's at the moment. So far they've cost me over $1600 to buy and I've just spent $300 getting them resealed and the seal has busted in 24 hours. They've been stuck back together with stikaflex which apparently is the strongest stuff known to man (slight exageration intended) so to get them apart again to redo the silver and them seal them again is going to be a nightmare bigger than Elm Street.
*whinge*

Sorry for the slight diversion, I'm not intending the hijack the thread :)

On the contrary mate thats probably helpful news to all us mob who want em so bad, that helps, starting to get over the idea slowly, like u said it has been threaded before time and time again. But nothing, so yeah think i might put my time money and energy to some other use, like a big f**k off turbo conversion, lol.
alo816

Post by alo816 »

i ve made my own one , however i have got no time to mod the cover, but i will make the clear cover later, wont be hard, here are the pics

shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

looks 8) clearer pics???. can u take some of just the lights in a bright lit place so we can see what u done? if the look anything like the project f ones i think your gonna be a man in demand :twisted:
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

who wants to be let in on a secret about the project F lights ;)

some guy in japan went around buying up all the rear taillights from wrecked FTO's and remade them....

building them from scratch is way to expensive... when i was looking at it seriously companies wouldn't entertain a run unless there were at least 1000 units they really wanted min runs of 5000 ... at 1000 units the costs were similar to that project F were selling there's for.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

HiRAEdd wrote: They've been stuck back together with stikaflex which apparently is the strongest stuff known to man
sikaflex is the best sealant out there... its used extensively in the marine world to seal up everything... if this doesn't stop your's leaking nothing will
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

alo816 wrote:i ve made my own one , however i have got no time to mod the cover, but i will make the clear cover later, wont be hard, here are the pics

wow u made those your self thats f**king awesome, now make me some. lol

EDIT:Sorry i edited this post & took out the pictures, as for members who on dial up will take ages to go through 2 sets of the same large format pics. :wink:

BigKev
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

u can make them for all of us on an exchange basis. post up proper pics so we can see the clearly pronto. gettin the clear cover made should not be as hard as getting the whole things made should it?
alo816

Post by alo816 »

guys, i am in hong kong right now, the tail lights i really made myself, by hand, if u guys interest i ll ask my gf send me the pics from sydney , then i post them up,
alo816

Post by alo816 »

shue wrote:u can make them for all of us on an exchange basis. post up proper pics so we can see the clearly pronto. gettin the clear cover made should not be as hard as getting the whole things made should it?
yeh, actually i ve made one cover, but it got scaches on it, and i was in hurry for autosaton, so i thought better left it blank 1st, i done think would be hard to make the cover
HiRAEdd
Mechanic

Post by HiRAEdd »

smorison wrote:
HiRAEdd wrote: They've been stuck back together with stikaflex which apparently is the strongest stuff known to man
sikaflex is the best sealant out there... its used extensively in the marine world to seal up everything... if this doesn't stop your's leaking nothing will
I've no doubt about that except the issue is this:

Housing | Stikaflex | Silver Tape | Acrylic Cover

The stikaflex is pulling the silver tape away from the acrylic cover. I need a more flexible sealant that won't pull on the silver tape but still go water tight. I'm thinking some marine grade silicon will do the trick.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

yea we are interested. make us some as well. u can make some money from this as well dude :wink: