Top Speed of an FTO?

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SchumieFan
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Top Speed of an FTO?

Post by SchumieFan »

destinationtoby wrote:f**k! all this time ive been risking defects and fines, when i can gain equivalent power by "doing a poo" before driving :lol: :lol:
im taking mine out asap
where does one buy a k&n panel filter for an fto from?
I know! its sh*t but true!

someone finally did the test's we've all wanted to do... all it does is make noise and produce the placebo effect
FlowMoe

Post by FlowMoe »

I'm yet giving the HSV air box set up a go after relocating the battery to the rear a while back. Anyone that can beat me to that and give feed back would be welcome. Sorry for the thread hijack.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

I can see why people are trying to replicate the UAS pipe now. Has anyone had any luck with that?
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

But upgrading to a UAS pipe will result in power gains.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Vectose wrote:But upgrading to a UAS pipe will result in power gains.
Yes, but is the whole kit worth the $400 I think i remember it being?
Image Image Image Image
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Or better question, what's the most one should pay for any filter, if none produce more power?
Image Image Image Image
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

bjk wrote:
Vectose wrote:But upgrading to a UAS pipe will result in power gains.
Yes, but is the whole kit worth the $400 I think i remember it being?
I believe I paid $350 for my kit, and I would say it is definitely worth it.
Bennoz wrote:
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Please note that just because a pod placed on a stock intake/engine setup gets insignificant gains, this does not mean that this is the case if the car is tuned for it (even the video says that). Ive gone from 100 ATW to 133 ATW by doing intake and exhast and haltech. The power has to have come from somewhere.......

Also note that the intake pipe didnt change in the video. What if that was the restriction in both cases. If this was the case, then of course the pod wouldnt make much of a difference. Bigger intake and then pod could make a difference (or maybe not). I dont think that it is necessarily as simple as its being made out to be.

Oh and they did a run before installing my haltech. Haltech gave me 12 ATW. This leaves 21 KW from intake and exhaust. Im running:

ARC Box
Custom Cold Air Induction
UAS Intake Pipe

RPW Extractors
Mandrel Bent System
High Flow Cat
Triple Flow Mufflers

Haltech Interceptor

Where is the 21 KW ATW coming from because so far in the last 2 days ive been told the intake does nothing and the cat does nothing. Personlly im smelling a bit of BS here somewhere.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    bjk
    Totes

Post by bjk »

Dammit, it's $395 now. Everything I want gets more expensive, hah. But worth it you say? What do you think the difference would be if it was just the pipe attached to a stock airbox with a panel filter? Instead of the larger box and unifilter?

@dstocks, beat me to comment. Interesting.. 21kw does seem a lot from just the exhaust and the wider pipe.
    Image Image Image Image
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

UAS pipe is the best one out there. I believe that that has been tested too. I certainly rate the one I have.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Vectose
      Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

bjk wrote:Dammit, it's $395 now. Everything I want gets more expensive, hah. But worth it you say? What do you think the difference would be if it was just the pipe attached to a stock airbox with a panel filter? Instead of the larger box and unifilter?
      I did not use the unifilter because it reduced down to 3" and has an adapter to fit it to the UAS pipe, instead I got a K&N pod with a 4" outlet. The stock air feed pipe from the front bar is also restrictive.
      Bennoz wrote:
      silverGPX
      9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Watch the mighty car mods one too
      Taz
      Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

lol mighty car mods....

they also claim that the cold air intake is a load of sh*t and their dyno results 'prove' that it gives a loss in power :scratch:
      Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

You cant test these things in isolation and come up with a result that proves anything. If you know where the biggest restriction is, then you can test that component and the results will be relevant. But if this isnt the case, then at best, the results are inconclusive. Not saying that they arent potentially correct in what they are saying, just that their testing method is fatally flawed resulting in a result that could very well be wrong.

So, IMO dont throw your pod out just yet as they havent conclusively proved anything.
        bjk
        Totes

Post by bjk »

Vectose wrote:
        bjk wrote:Dammit, it's $395 now. Everything I want gets more expensive, hah. But worth it you say? What do you think the difference would be if it was just the pipe attached to a stock airbox with a panel filter? Instead of the larger box and unifilter?
        I did not use the unifilter because it reduced down to 3" and has an adapter to fit it to the UAS pipe, instead I got a K&N pod with a 4" outlet. The stock air feed pipe from the front bar is also restrictive.
        What did you do with the unifilter? This is kinda my point, that the pipe is the most worthwhile part. I'm wondering if they'd be willing to sell it separately, but I kinda doubt it. Think it's worth an ask?