how bout making our own clear lights

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shue
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by shue »

so whos gonna find a supplier ? i'll be in if it costs me a lot lesser than 1000$
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

yeah i think a lot of peeps will be in if thats the case.

I think its a case of different people in different states finding out what they can. For instance Carmate have a hude range of altezza style lights, they all have to come from some where. Get my drift, each state has different companies that deal with these things if we could get different people in different states to make inquiries bout it then we have a start. im from Brisbane so i will nominate myself to do a search though out brissie. (that doesn't mean im the only one from brisbane that can look the more people search and investigating the better)

Hopefully this will start the ball rolling, cause yeah 1000+ dollars is a lot for these lights. Demand and Supply baby.
danx

Post by danx »

the bid for clear tail lights (used but as new) ended on ebay at GBP225 (started at GBP190) today. some1 in OZ won... please own up! :wink:
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

but that clear one is ugly....not altezza style
danx

Post by danx »

i tot it was a bit ugly looking too, but surely it would look better after a good proper black tinting (that's roadworthy/legal right?)?
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Nah you're not allowed to tint your lights black :roll:
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

could u not get the clear ones and put some red leds in it to make it "altezza like"
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

u can get them for ecplise's and make a bit of modification to the rear of the car .look like a pretty close fit as well
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

f**k man, how much are those, should just get em if their cheap, i would more inclined to just get those and then get my panel beater to beat the sh*t out of my car to make em fit, rather than paying like 1500 alternative.

Watch cha think shue, i would be happy if they are cheap to buy em and then c if my panel beater can work a miracle and make em fit.

At least that way i can post the good news and then u guys could proceed.

Watch cha think???
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

btw the way is that the centre piece i c their in your pics???
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

150 us $ dimi., . yep its got a centre piece as well, about being road worthy im not sure. shudnt be too much of a hassle to fit . im thinking of it pretty seriously. i reakon it will look cool as even without the centre bit and the best think is they come in about 10 different designs as well. check this out
http://www.procarparts.com/store-list2. ... t=4&sub=21
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

f**k man, for 150 us thats sounds pretty good if we can get like 10 peeps to sign up we may be able to get em for like 130 maybe or even cheaper,

Im in Shue, so lets start a project called, project tail light, from right now.

Let me know what cha think cause yeah mate, seriously if we can do this job for like 600-800 (that means everything) thats heaps better than the other option, u feel me.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

probably someone good with photoshop can show what they look like on an fto. the ends on the ecplise ones are more pointy than the rounder edges of the fto. as well i think they would need to go on the other way around too. give it a go dimi. lets see what u come up with :)
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

1st example of how they could look

dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

I am really starting to think this is the way ill go with this come of their lights are as cheap as 90 us bucks thats f**king cheap man. even if its another 500 to install, thats still very good.

ALso for my liking the centre piece is crap so i may just get to 2 lights may be cheaper again>

Alll i can say is your respective bodyshop, may have to play with the rear panel a bit so u may e up for re painting that panel which will be about 200-300 bucks also
Last edited by dimi on Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

do u think we should start to consider making a list of peeps thats are keen so we have negotiation powers if we deal with those yanks.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

I would think that you wont get peoples interest until they KNOW they can definately fit....
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

euro they would def not fit unless u get a panel beater to work on it. would need to make a few adjustments to the rear of the car . i like the look of things so far though. now to find suppliers for these. :twisted:
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

yeh i know they need modifications - but i guess what im saying is further research might need to be done to see cost of making them fit, who would be prepared to do it, and how safe etc they would be.. (waterproof etc etc)
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

okay well im going to c my guy this arvo, might have to have a little conversation about a custom real tailight set up.

I will let u know what he says, btw this guy is good so i guess what he says will sorta set a bench mark for this job, cost, labour, waterproofing etc etc, of course other are more than welcome to have a chat to their panel beater that would probably b a good thing, the more peeps working on this project the better it will be.

Shue how bout sending an email to that company in that states, seeing what they think bout doing a group buy and who we are and all that other garbage, c what types of prices they are willing to do.

ALso if anyone know people in the industry that deals with altezza lights, they might be able to get these for us. Cheaper, as in we can get away with some of the import costs that way.