So far no luck buying an FTO

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

hogan
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: So far no luck buying an FTO

Post by hogan »

Ive to just sort a couple of things on my 95 v6 gpx auto and i am going to sell if anyone has interest? Has 1 year ctp just passed blue slip.
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

What car are you interested in in Melbourne?
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Thanks for the offer Dstocks Did you buy your FTOs from Canberra or Sydney/Melbourne? I wonder if anyone in Sydney would have a look at a car for me because that's where 80% of the ones I see are.
Sorry, very slow to reply to this one. Answer is all of the above. 2 from Melbourne, numerous from Sydney, one or 2 from Central coast and a couple from Canberra. And my FTO was a personal import from Japan.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Taz
    Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

There was a veilside kitted fto that was just driven back to brisbane from melbourne to sell :lol:
    Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
    nikhan
    Mechanic

Post by nikhan »

-Nighthawk- wrote:What car are you interested in in Melbourne?
    Lol u can ask Nighthawk to have a look at mine :D
    JaseNZ
    Apprentice

Post by JaseNZ »

Reminds me of when I was looking to buy an FTO.

Found a few duds on TradeMe.

One had a broken window just behind the drivers door. The owner (so the advert said) had kept the car under a cover.
    Asked them in the comments and questions if they would be coming into town any time, so I could get my mechanic to have a look over and do a pre-purchase inspection at my cost.
    The guy went pretty nuts, "Who gets a pre-purchase check on a $1000 car?!"

Other people started commenting, and asking if I was paying, why he was against it, did it have damage or wear he didn't want found? etc etc lol.

The next one I considered had a broken water pump (advert said it had a slow leak, not that it was dead lol)

Then I found the one I ended up buying. Probably paid a wee bit more for it, but it was worth it IMO. Passed the pre-purchase check fairly well, and was in good nick.
    Has a few cosmetic injuries, but nothing a half decent panel beater can't fix. :)