If you want an AWD turbo FTO here is your chance

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

barfy
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by barfy »

Trust me the AWD thing will never happen and if it does they are fucked in the head because the price of EVO 7s and 8s in the japan at the moment you could import one cheaper than what it would cost to AWD a FTO.
[img]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/barfy76/barfycopy1.jpg[/img]
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

barfy wrote:Trust me the AWD thing will never happen and if it does they are fucked in the head because the price of EVO 7s and 8s in the japan at the moment you could import one cheaper than what it would cost to AWD a FTO.
But EVO's look like arse..

besides, I reckon I'd prefer a RWD FTO :P
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Yeh but you only get to see the back of evos ;)
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

lol, even still .. their ass looks like arse. :roll:

I can think of a lot of cars that can outrun an EVO ... but that doesn't make them good cars either..

If Mitsi can take the chassis & running gear of an evo & put a lightweight & good looking shell on it, then that would be a car worth buying..
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

I will admit the FTO is sexy, but done right the EVO can be just as sexy too ;)

Once i have finished mine in the looks department (still doing performance mods) i will upload some pics
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

barfy wrote:I will admit the FTO is sexy, but done right the EVO can be just as sexy too ;)

Once i have finished mine in the looks department (still doing performance mods) i will upload some pics
8O
done right the EVO can be just as sexy too
omg ... EVO & Sexy should not even be used in the same sentence...

As much as I love arguing with EVO fanboys over how "good" they are .. I will just say what I've said before .. EVO's are a good car .. 'Mechanically' .. but a 'sexy' car they are not. Decent power & decent handling alone don't make a good car IMO..
No matter how you dress it up, or accessorise it.. it will always be ugly & it will always just look like a boofhead version of the Lancer. And for the kind of money you're looking at, and how much you still have to spend on them once you've got one, there are plenty of other good cars that I would prefer to buy..
That said, they have done pretty well on the interior though.
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Espcailly the leather option which i have :D
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mr-charisma wrote:
barfy wrote:I will admit the FTO is sexy, but done right the EVO can be just as sexy too ;)

8O

As much as I love arguing with EVO fanboys over how "good" they are .. I will just say what I've said before .. EVO's are a good car .. 'Mechanically' .. but a 'sexy' car they are not. Decent power & decent handling alone don't make a good car IMO..
No matter how you dress it up, or accessorise it.. it will always be ugly & it will always just look like a boofhead version of the Lancer. And for the kind of money you're looking at, and how much you still have to spend on them once you've got one, there are plenty of other good cars that I would prefer to buy..
OMG MR Charisma we can finally agree on something BARFY seriously why are you even a member???? No seriously WHY????

Eww look at me i got an EVO.

EVO are ugly as sin, why would some one want to AWD an FTO (a) cause hasnt been done in AU (that i know of) (b) Cause they would rather throw 100k into an FTO than spend 60k on a ugly ass EVO.

BUt at the end of the day let ppl dream, your the same type of ppl that said the earth was flat or man will never walk on the moon.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

i dont know why you guys are discussing evo vs fto...

thats just silly...

evo looks nice it a beasty staunch get the f**k out of my way look

fto looks more sleek and smooth

depends on peoples tastes man!
scremn
Apprentice

Post by scremn »

FTO definately has a better shape but I'd be hard pressed to say an Evo is ugly. Just good looking in a different way. Couple of my favourites:

Anyone know if you can buy this kit/lip? This FTO is sick (although its a model), they look the best low.

khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

mr-charisma wrote:

8O

So if Decent power & decent handling dont make a good car...aparent good looks does? dont tell me fwd with about 100 kw atw is good power these days as with everything its old.

When I'm blasting around the track every other weekend I'm sure glad I dont have only 95kw under the hood with FWD and some cheap arse bob jane rims. But I can take an EVO doen there and have a great time...becuase its a kick arse car.
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

I8AFRE wrote:
mr-charisma wrote:

8O

OMG MR Charisma we can finally agree on something BARFY seriously why are you even a member???? No seriously WHY????

Eww look at me i got an EVO.

EVO are ugly as sin, why would some one want to AWD an FTO (a) cause hasnt been done in AU (that i know of) (b) Cause they would rather throw 100k into an FTO than spend 60k on a ugly ass EVO.

BUt at the end of the day let ppl dream, your the same type of ppl that said the earth was flat or man will never walk on the moon.

Excuse me ? Who the f**k pulled your cord ? Me and Charisma were having a friendly debate and you come along with your 2 cents. Why am i a member u ask because i had a FTO once probably way before u even knew what a FTO was. And trust me it looked a hell of a lot better than that kermit looking thing u drive 8O
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Now now...calm down lol

Who cares now anyways...looks are subjective, some think fto is horn and evo is dogcrap and then some worship evo and spit on fto. Big deal.

Ownership pride :P For the record, i think evo's and fto's look good, though i appreciate flowing lines more than muscle cut so yeah i do like the look of fto more.

Anyways, what Jonowong said + 1.

Hey KJ,
I see where you're coming from with all your track days lol, but a 100kw fwd is also fun! I used to do a lot of touge and we all know touge favours balance over power. I only had 116kw atw but outran a lot of more powerful or awd/rwd cars. Shame it broke before i got it to the track. I've got a track day lined up in feb actually...gonna take my 3mps, it'll be wearing semi slicks before then too :)
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Dont get me wrong i love the FTO i saw my old one the other day and the memories came flooding back, bought a tear to my eye, having said that i have always wanted an evo but assume they were way out of my price range until i looked into it and found out it was a matter of selling my FTO along with a 10k loan...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Where's my FFS picture when you need it...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

lol, I will never understand how EVO fanboys can never just admit that they're not a pretty car

Honestly .. looking at it I cannot find a single part of the car that I find pleasant to look at .. At least they saved an assload in Design costs.. but seriously, why pick a Lancer? Why not use an FTO or Eclipse shell..

KJ - yes, looks matter in a car - & yes, power & handling matters in a car, but if thats all you're after you can drop $50k into almost any car & turn it into a powerhouse rather than spending 50-60k on an EVO.. if looks didn't matter then everyone on this forum would be driving a commonwhore *edit* or a Skyline..

After all, this thread started off as one for making an AWD FTO.. As Simon said, an FTO is IMO one of the best looking car you can get for under $100k and instead of buying a more expensive car, I'd rather spend $60k on an FTO to give it more power / better handling, more luxurious interior etc..

Doesn't mean I will .. I am fairly happy with the power that a lightly modded FTO puts out.. & I'm more than happy with its handling.. but I wouldn't mind putting in a supercharger at some point though.. or getting another car down the track to take to the track & thrash the guts out of..
Last edited by mr-charisma on Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Who said an evo costs 50 to 60k i imorted mine for under 30k like i said sold my FTO along with a 10k loan.

And yes i was happy with my power until i drove a car with real power and then u realise just how slow the FTO is.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

barfy wrote:Who said an evo costs 50 to 60k i imorted mine for under 30k like i said sold my FTO along with a 10k loan.

And yes i was happy with my power until i drove a car with real power and then you realise just how slow the FTO is.
50-60k or so for a lot of the EVO VIII's / IX's on carsales.. no idea about costs for importing ..

I haven't caught the "big power" bug yet.. will just stick to my FTO for a while I think :P

But as I said, I think if I catch the bug, I'd rather to just drop a turbo / supercharger in my car instead of getting a new one .. the only big power cars I like are wayy too far out of my budget for now..
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

can someone say off topic? :lol:
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

off topic