*GROUP BUY* aftermarket frontbars, sideskirts, rear spoilers

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by scarecrow »

ffs yirong you better pay, cause theres only a couple of our sydneysiders, an i need someone to choose a place to get it fitted an sh*t
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

payments recieved
1.kid dynamite
2.rnbboi
3.scarecrow
4.aerodynamist
5.reiner
6.yirrong1188

northqldfto is paying next week and im still waiting to hear from jasontran.
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Awesome, can you let me know when its been shipped?
I'm eager to start getting a grill made up.

I want a black grill, and small circular foglights installed in the mouth. Can you just ziptie (cabletie) the numberplate to the grill?

edit: oh an i'm thinking after the current bar is taken off I try an get a CAI system made up for my GR. Relocate the sensor to near the bottom of the bar and stick the pod right down where the action is.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

scarecrow wrote:Awesome, can you let me know when its been shipped?

I want a black grill, and small circular foglights installed in the mouth. Can you just ziptie (cabletie) the numberplate to the grill?

edit: oh an i'm thinking after the current bar is taken off I try an get a CAI system made up for my GR. Relocate the sensor to near the bottom of the bar and stick the pod right down where the action is.
i'm still waiting for jasontran and northqldfto payments. im hoping to transfer the money by next week. so i guess jay would send the parts out then. hes made most of the parts already, needs to make 7 more in total.
i'd suggest gettin them screwed onto the grill. u'll have to get a grill, there would be a fair bit of work priming and painting it as well.
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

You don't want to relocate your pod down low. Increases the likelihood it'll pick up dirt, water, etc from the road. Some pods will eventually disintegrate with enough water.

Better off just getting some piping routing the air from down low right to the pod.
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

I don't think that you can do a proper intake upgrade with a GR (piping and all) because of the sensor. From what RPW claim the sensor needs to be relocated into the bumper area for it to be viable. And yeah I know the filter can't really be exposed to the elements, i'd like to work something out though, I have a nicely breathing aftermarket exhaust going to waste :P

As far as sanding and priming goes, is that something we can do?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Rubbish. I have a GR and it breathes just fine. You can stick the air sensor where-ever you like as long as its horizontally level.

Last edited by Bennoz on Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Hmm, they told me a) i should be using an oval shaped pod filter, not my current cone shaped sort and b) the sensor has to be as close as possible to where the air's coming from because it measures pressure and temp or something.

Bah, ok so nevermind that, i'll just look into making up some nice intake piping to the stock area once the bar is off.

edit: nice engine bay bennoz, i so need to research things better, i didn't think UAS replaced the piping before the sensor on GR's. damnit, i'll look into getting that done now.
AERODYNAMIST
Grease Monkey

Post by AERODYNAMIST »

shue wrote:
scarecrow wrote:Awesome, can you let me know when its been shipped?

i'm still waiting for jasontran and northqldfto payments. im hoping to transfer the money by next week. so i guess jay would send the parts out then. hes made most of the parts already, needs to make 7 more in total.
i'd suggest gettin them screwed onto the grill. u'll have to get a grill, there would be a fair bit of work priming and painting it as well.
i hope the bodykits arrive as early as possible coz i am going overseas.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

ive recieved everyones money and northqldfto has told me he'll get me the money by wed. i'll have a chat with jay and see how soon the kits can be sent out .
jayfromukftooc
Grease Monkey

Post by jayfromukftooc »

done so far
1. kid dynamite done
2.mbboi done
3.scarecrow done
4..aerodynamist done
5.reiner done

part complete orders
1.jason tran just need to do sideskirts
2 shue need do pre t's
3 northold fto not started yet
yirong 1118 not started yet

so once moneys bin transfered next week shue the 5 at top will be sent
i will send one every other day so not to anger the local post office to be sure to get them all throo as gifts and save u any duty or gst i cant pass all orders throoo at same time as gifts they wont accept them so every other day is best way to send.
hopefully by end next week all orders will be complete and ready for a life in the sun.
thanks guys talk later.
WWW.JJ-STYLING-ONLINE.CO.UK

CLIK the LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AERODYNAMIST
Grease Monkey

Post by AERODYNAMIST »

bring it on hehueheuh
can't wait to fit it to my car :twisted: :twisted:
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

hi guys,
ive transfered the money for all of us except northqldfto today, should reach jay in 24-48 hours. once the funds are cleared on his end, he'll start sending the kits out.northy has sent me the money as well.waiting for it to clear and then i'll send it off to jay. 4 days after closure of the groupy is a damn quick turn around. cant wait to see them all painted and fitted up. :twisted:
jayfromukftooc
Grease Monkey

Post by jayfromukftooc »

kid dynamite heres urs packed and ready to fly very soon. :wink:

sorry bout the pic bad camera phone

fto816
Apprentice

Post by fto816 »

jay~remember to say happy birthday to everyone~
jayfromukftooc
Grease Monkey

Post by jayfromukftooc »

fto816 wrote:jay~remember to say happy birthday to everyone~
i think merry xmas is more appropriate now mate dont u think :P

kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

SWEEEET! :D
AERODYNAMIST
Grease Monkey

Post by AERODYNAMIST »

hopefully there is no damage once the bodykit arrive coz i have sent one before and bodykit crack during shipping. :cry:
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Jay when shipping the PreT's bars it might be beneficial to pack something (ie. foam) in the "mouth" of the bar, we don't want them arriving snapped. Because the supports have been removed from the centre of the bar I daresay structual integrity has gone out the window and i'm not so confident they will survive the journey.

Ofcourse I could be very wrong :) I've never sent one before so I'm sure you've got it worked out anyways.
fto816
Apprentice

Post by fto816 »

done worry man, jay packed up my birthday present very well.so i think urs should be alrite too