General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kaveman
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by kaveman »

kw's is nothing unless you can put it on the road and go round corners

my gr has 98kw at the wheels

i have been playing with my computer and it feels much more happy at full acc at 6000 - 8500 rpm

the wakefield day the act people can get there quicker then the sydney people so come along and meet the rest of us even is you dont hop on the track
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

interesting... where did you get that reading from? your car should definitely be comparable to mine in a straight line then... since i got 98kw in the last dyno test

gav's car still rules in a straight line though... what's your fuel consumption like anyway gav??
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

yeah around 90, notsure about if its a tip though, but a few mods and ucan get up around 100. but different dynos tell different stories unfortunitly. does anyone know what a new preulge would pull at the wheels, my mate rekons he got 118kw
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

My fuel consumption is pretty good i cant remmeber my last km/tank but it was up there. Especiall considering i like to sit in the redline :)
Talking bout redline, rob does your car boune off 6rpm when its cold. I have heard gr's and gpxs have a low rpm restricter when its cold, and minewill rev all it whats when its cold, first start rev up to 6krpm+ and let off the accelerator and it sounds like a bov
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

I don't think the GR's have the 6000 rpm limiter ( I think its a mivec thing)...I'm not sure, I don't drive hard when it is cold. In the mornings I like to keep under 2500rpm when it is cold (unltra granny style).

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

G_A_V wrote:yeah around 90, notsure about if its a tip though, but a few mods and ucan get up around 100. but different dynos tell different stories unfortunitly. does anyone know what a new preulge would pull at the wheels, my mate rekons he got 118kw
preulge?? do you mean prelude? if so, then that's a load of crock unless its heavily modified...

is your fuel consumption around 10L/100km? or more like 12-13L/100km?
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

yeah prelude, its a stocker, non v-tech
fuel conssumption im not sure abou i justm easure how many k's i go ona fulltank, i think it was in the 500s, but im not exactly sure. I will measure soon though. I really want to find what is in my car giving it this power, so others in the group can perform the same modification. Also my car is getting old and if i were to trade up for a newer model, it would be great to do the same mod to it first.
I have hada couple mechanics stumped, but we will see what the uas boys have to say at the ftoaust dyno day
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

ohalsoanyone with a screwed clutch do not hop on the dyno, i did and nearly blew my clutch apart, and lost 18 kw
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

can you guys email me to confirm who is interested.

thanks
stephen
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

We will most likely have a few meeting points for those that don't live in the area or know their way there, so don't worry about that ;)
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

uas is ina castle hill off showground road
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

she8888 i in the east subs also if you want to meet im near unsw

from castle hill to wetherill park is about 1/2 hour drive

have you spoke to race brakes and have your parts in stock

robert
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

she8888

mac's is ok what time

do you know what time the dyno stuff starts (steve you can answear this if you like) i haven't seen it posted any where what time it starts

as for race brake i work straight across the road from them and they have already done my brakes
(yes i do drive from kingsford to wetherillpark everyday)

thanks any way

robert
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

sbe8888

i don't mine picking your brake bits up for you if you like

travel time is normally about 55m

the quickest ive done was under 40 minutes, the longest was 2 1/2 hours

it was one of those wet morning when everyone drives like they are 90 and 4 crashes to get around

as dyno day if off did you want to still meet up and go for a run down south or something

robert