Stock FTO performance figures by model

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Hez
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Hez »

Jus curious does the G-Tech/RSM measure the 0-100+start does it include the start coz its heaps different if the start is incorporated.

ie lights flash to go, or just go when you feel like? coz reaction time would be like half a second- a second off.
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

whats the sound difference between a GR and a GPX??

Jono
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Jono wrote:whats the sound difference between a GR and a GPX??

Jono
since you're in Canberra, have a ride in JC's blue FTO (YFTO8U) and listen for yourself... kinda hard to describe it in words, LOL! ;)
KillaFlop
Apprentice

Post by KillaFlop »

talking about 0-100 times, i can't seem to get my car anywhere near under 8's...

its a tip GPX with exhaust, HKS Super Flow filter and 17's...
timed it with a stopwatch and i get about 8.6secs...

is this normal for tip drivers or is my car seriously detuned or something!?

i can't even beat a SSS at 0-100.... :cry:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

at the end of the day, it all depends on the overall condition of the motor... if it has been well kept over the years with regular servicing with the best parts, then you will get optimum performance out of the engine... You'd be surprised to feel the difference between a well-looked after car and one which has had a hard life...

to a certain extent, it also depends on what sort of rubber, suspension setup and engine/trans mods are carried out on the car... since it's a tiptronic, there are no big secrets about launching techniques etc so driver techniques will only apply when it comes to how they launch off the line, how quickly they shift and their reaction times...
twistea
Grease Monkey

Post by twistea »

when i launched to get those times i played around with dumping the clutch at different rpms and feathering the throttle. even though i got a reasonable amount of wheelspin, my best results came from launching at about 3400rpm. for me that produced consistent sub 7 second 0-100kph times.

the way i drove is not how i normally drive the car and unfortunately the clutch would give up after a few timed runs.... ahh the result of being so unkind to my car. but it was so useful having a g-tech because i could instantly tell what worked best.

my runs were done on a new road. i had my tyre pressures at 37psi. i was running about 3/4 tank of BP ultimate. the only weight restriction was my ass. and the temperature was about 16 degrees.

for those that dont know, basically the way the g-tech works is that it uses an accelerometer that measures g forces by integrating acceleration over time. from that it can calculate speed and distance too. it starts its measurement as soon as there is any movement, hence reaction times are not considered. using one is a far more accurate way than using a stopwatch as it does not rely on your reflexes, or the cars speedo which may be in error, espescially if you have a non-standard tyre/wheel combo.

in a month or so i will try some more 0-100kph sprints as well as some 1/4 mile runs and take some pictures of the times i get. if any other FTO owners have timed their car with a g-tech or similar i would be very interested to know their results....
elmo
Grease Monkey

launch technique

Post by elmo »

0-100 is about 8 sec timed on a watch.
Best launch is TCL off, feather the clutch at about 4000 rpm and dont be shy to get a little wheel spin, just keep it straight. well thats how i do it anyway.
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

KillaFlop: your time sounds about right to me.

I timed myself with a stopwatch doing 0-100 in 8.5sec in auto mode. This was in dry conditions on a slightly curvy road :D
I haven't timed myself in tiptronic mode yet, but I think there won't be much difference.

Plus you can shave some tenths of a sec when considering reaction time. It's pretty hard to slam on the gas and use a stopwatch at the same time.
KillaFlop
Apprentice

Post by KillaFlop »

but 8.5secs seems so sloooowww..... i want some extractors now...
i don't actually time it myself, i got another 80kgs in the next passenger seat pressing the button, maybe that contributed...hmmm.... :?

i tried timing it again a few hours ago but no level road... i did take on a R33 and GTiR however, which i'm not going 2 talk about.... :cry:
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

all stopwatch, g-tech figures etc mean nothing as they can be very unaccurate. Theres a lot of factors to take into consideration, the only reliable way of seeing how fast a car is, is down the quater mile and having a printed timeslip.

Ive yet to see an FTO break 15's down the quarter, so with everyone talking bout low 6's to 100km/h they should be able to get sub 15 quarters. I never have attempted to use a g-tech, stopwatch etc, as they are really unaccurate. Best thing to do it stop guessing and go down the strip.
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

do they still have eastern creek every second wednessday

i had a mate who ran his calais a while back