SA Cruise #5 - Sunday 8th July 07

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Mel_star_1
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Mel_star_1 »

Hey guys, not sure bout me yet having problems with my coilovers, they don't fit grrrrr! I also am getting :arrow: new wheels put on and i new a wheel alignment and i can't do that till the coilovers get put on, so yeah not sure yet but i'll let yous know. I will try my best to make it though. :D

* oh just noticed i mean't new tyres, not wheels. :oops:
Last edited by Mel_star_1 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/mel_star_1/melstar2ip8.jpg[/img]
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

sorry about double post - Forums acting strange..
Last edited by StewGood on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

OooOooo This is GREAT - -

IL B THERE! - hope we can get all cars to come to this one...

Sounds like a Good cruse for all to go on aswell :D
spiky81
Apprentice

Post by spiky81 »

i would love to come but cant that weekend gotta work but when ever the next one is on i'll def try for the day off cos unfortunately i aint gonna have my fto for much longer :cry: my parents are sick of paying to get it fixed so they are bying me a new car and i have to sell the fto :(
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

That is a shame to hear... its always bad to loose crew members :cry:

Hope you can come out just one last time - at the least...
Hope the weather is ok for it, not that im scared of a little rain :twisted:
phantom
Grease Monkey

Post by phantom »

cmon guys the cruise is only once a month lets support the club.

ps : cars in need of repair r an exception.
Topic written by a Sexy Wog Yeah Baby!
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

OK, Just a reminder, the cruise is for this coming weekend.

Still planning on the Mannum run, and if the weather looks good enough, I thought maybe a picnic style lunch on the river bank in Mannum. Bit of a cheaper alternative to a countermeal also. So a picnic basket, picnic rug, maybe a folding chair or two and a bottle of wine... I'll be set. Might have to whip up a small cheese platter as well. Nothing like dining in style :D

Ill keep an eye on the weather report.

Hope to see a big turn out.
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
Mel_star_1
Grease Monkey

Post by Mel_star_1 »

:cry: sorry guys can't make it tomorrow. My cars still at my mechanic and i've just found out the coilovers i just brought weren't actually for my car they are for a nissan or something, gggrrr even though they were advertised to suit an FTO. So hopefully i can get a refund from the guy, not sure bout my chances on that though. :cry:

Hope you all have a great day, i'll be thinkin bout you's having fun and cruisen. take care.
[img]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/mel_star_1/melstar2ip8.jpg[/img]
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

OK, We'll miss you :P

Anyway, the plan stands. Picnic lunch in Mannum. So see you all at the usual place and time. Better dress warmish...
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

Hey people.. SO SORRY to bail on everyone 1/2 way thru the cruise... ive been meanin to flush my ratiator out.. :S

guess i wasnt quick enough..

once again sorry all, and thanks to those who came.
it was a fun 1hour :D

look foward to the next one.. :D

PS - A BIG THANKS TO TRAVIS (throws Streamers)
for coming to my rescue :lol: i dont think i would have got out of that place for a long time without you..
cheers - i owe you massivly
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Thanx for all those who turned up today. The weather wasnt perfect, but that was never going to stand in the way of us havng a good time. Sorry to lose you Stew, hope it's nothing too serious. Thanx to Travis for going back for you. We didnt mind waiting... after all, we waited most of the morning for Kesia and Steve to get out of bed, what was a few more minutes along the way. Anyway, apart from a little rain thru the hills to wet the roads down, it was an enjoyable day.
Nice to see another new face Tania, Welcome to the club, and we hope to see more of you. Todays drive was a little sedate compared to the last one, but I hope you enjoyed it anyway.

And here are some pics to remind you of the day FTO Aus visited Mannum.

And some of the locals dropped by to see our cars. I think they were impressed. (until he attacked my camera...)

Crossing the Murray...

And some miscellaneous shots...

And crossing back. Got the ferry to ourselves. Looked awesome.

So NSW arent the only ones who can fill a ferry :P

Thanx again, see you all soon.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Ours was bigger :P
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

<sniff> :cry:
tania

mannum cruise

Post by tania »

just like to thank evereyone for making me feel so welcome on the last cruise you are all a great bunch of guys and girls with the same thing in common with me passionate about our Ftos! oh and great photos! Cant wait for next cruise! I will make sure my car has a make over this time.Tania xxx
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

Just notice one of the grey FTO doesn't have the aerial, is that normal?

I want to get rid of mine.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Re: mannum cruise

Post by Sparhawk »

tania wrote:just like to thank evereyone for making me feel so welcome on the last cruise you are all a great bunch of guys and girls with the same thing in common with me passionate about our Ftos! oh and great photos! Cant wait for next cruise! I will make sure my car has a make over this time.Tania xxx
Youre welcome :D

Look forward to seeing you again.

As for the next cruise, I'm off to sunny Townsville for a few weeks, so I'll organise a meet when I get back. If you have any ideas for a get together, feel free to suggest away...

Cya when I get back.
phantom
Grease Monkey

Post by phantom »

[quote="JOeJOe"]Just notice one of the grey FTO doesn't have the aerial, is that normal?

i dont know we bought glamorous car like that!
tania

close call

Post by tania »

Bloody coppers I swear they dont have nothing better to do! I wish they would leave my FTO alone! Pulled over again rear fin too long it may do serious damage if a pedestrian got hit by it!!! Where do they get these stupid thoughts from ??? It was defected before for sharp edges on brackets that support the fin !!! Think they are jealous cause they dont have a killa looking car like mine :twisted: I wont tell yas all the whole story,all I can say we are still on the road it was a close call ! Sorry had to have a whinge!! Catch up with yas all soon. :D
phantom
Grease Monkey

Post by phantom »

yeah i know they (the cops) are ball breakers, they pulled me up just for a car check, i didnt do any thing.

half the time they cause the accidents, cos they follow u for no reason at all, and your forever looking through your rear view mirror all tenced, far out, they need to realise that hot cars are more likely to be road worthy becourse the owners keep them in show room condition.

its the old crapy cars that blow smoke leak oil and have holes in there mufflers, there the cars they should be stopping, not perfect cars, far out man im so pissed 3 times they pulled me up and my car is as stock as it left the factory it hasnt even been lowerd. its stock why pull me up!

any way i wanted a winge to. they irrrrrritate me they realy do.
GoldFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by GoldFTO »

OMG dont get me started on cops. in whyalla they are the worst cops ever and because im on my p's and have a hot looking car they always pull me over. non stop. they pick on me all the time but f@#$ them now because my car is perfect and they cant pull me over for nothing. had my winge now.

sorry for going missing people i have no internet anymore and dont have time. trying to sort the last gear out on my car. it never ends and i want to do most of it before bringing it down for a cruise. i have spent so much and still got even more. dont worry people i will come down for a cruise before i sell it one day. i really want to because sounds like you always have fun. just need to pay for accomadation and everything it pretty much a trip.lol