"Time to Grow Up" or "Becoming a real car clu

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Teania
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Teania »

:P GB and I are in - CAMS would be good - maybe then I would be able to exceed the limit without any more damn fines! *not that I ummmmm speed now that is.............
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Hi everyone I really like the ideas going around as well. Just a thought that could poise some problems. First of all a lot of us are a long way apart, for example apart from the discount on parts it would not be worth me being a member of a nation club because I wouldn't be able to attend events.

Next on the CAMS front, I'm a member of a local CAMS affiliated club and know from expereince that licences, event fees, etc. are really expensive, some real support and the need for people to turn up to events and for other people to run and organise them are very important.

And another thought about cruises that I've had for a while. AS such a group of friends can go driving together worries, but an organised cruise requires insurance because as such the club or group of people can be held liable for any damaged occurred during the cruise. I don't understand it completely it's just something to be wary of.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

the discounts may be of no use to you which is why we are proposing a mutli level'd membership. if you already have a CAM's license and are a member of a CAM's approved club there is no need to become a financial member of the FTO club.

i see track days and the like being run say twice a year in each state so the cost isn't that great. and it enables people to participate in track events hosted by other clubs and entities at a reduce price as they don't have to buy a temporary CAM's license on the day.
And another thought about cruises that I've had for a while. AS such a group of friends can go driving together worries, but an organised cruise requires insurance because as such the club or group of people can be held liable for any damaged occurred during the cruise. I don't understand it completely it's just something to be wary of.
this is exactly what i am concerned about and want dealt with quite quickly. btw who here is a lawyer? i'd like to speak to you about drafting up some guidlines and waiver forms for events to cover those who organise them (i.e. me, mikey, Robb, Kaveman, etc)
Last edited by smorison on Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

Im all for becoming a further developed club, my one hope is that some time in the not to distant future we could have days similar to FTOWA's motorsport days where its a track day, but more aimed at improving skills rather than just blitzin around in a circle.....
would be both fun and beneficial :P

If that can happen, then im all for it :)

Plus discounts on stuff would be great...get unique to support us with discounts on their gear ;)

SilentBob
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

smorison wrote:btw who here is a lawyer? i'd like to speak to you about drafting up some guidlines and waiver forms for events to cover those who organise them (i.e. me, mikey, Robb, Kaveman, etc)
Kevin (FTO338) knows his sh*t about law, coz his mom works for one of the top firms in Oz somewhere in the ASX building... ;)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmmm can i nominate Nimz (Naomi) instead, since she work in a law firm, & she see them (lawer) 9hrs a day!! I only c my mum once, maybe twice a mth!! heheheehehehehe
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
NimZ
Apprentice

Post by NimZ »

I'm not a lawyer, I just work for the demanding annoying sh*ts (no offence to Kevs mum, just to the people I work with). So I can't give any legal advise otherwise I might be prosecuted by the people I work with. =I
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

hey kevin,
if we asked your mum really nicely would she create a couple of documents for us? i can provide most of the information it just needs to be made "legal" so to speak.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I love 2 help but my mum is usually busy, but i already offer 2 help on other stuff reguarding building the "Real FTO Club"! Just ask Mikey he tell u!! So no promises with my mum, but i will try!!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
scracy
Grease Monkey

club

Post by scracy »

I agree with mikey get the simple stuff out the way first. Cams affiliation would be great for track days etc but its not a simple process. Just an idea how about an fto australia keyring with a membership number stamped on it? personally i allready have a wallet full of cards for just about everything. A keyring would be unique. :lol:
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D Like the idea of a keyring !!!
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

[quote="smorison"]the discounts may be of no use to you which is why we are proposing a mutli level'd membership. if you already have a CAM's license and are a member of a CAM's approved club there is no need to become a financial member of the FTO club.

That's a good point, Don't get me wrong though, I still very want to be a member of an FTO club and my hope once I get my FTO is to attend track days and such in Brisbane, as well as ordering most of my parts and things from companies in the capital cities because there sure isn't anyone up here selling anything.

Anyway sounds like good plans so far. I also like the idea of a key-ring! :D
WILL
Grease Monkey

Post by WILL »

Getting the basic setup stuff is aways important. Depending on who can attend online for the discussion next week, I reckon there should be a mini meet with your fellow state memebers to further discuss the outcome of next weeks discussion. From there we can fine tune the details.

This process in setting it as an official club may take time but in the end the outcome would be worth it.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

i would expect this process to take about 6-8 weeks, maybe longer as we have christmas coming up. anyway i hope we have a large attendance tonight online.

I'll probably run this semi moderated so that everyone gets airtime and all ideas / questions get answered.

please come prepared with a list of ideas. i'll get you all to PM them to me as soon as you arrive so i can create an adgenda, and not waste time with question being asked only once. (it'll make log reading easier after the event as well).
WILL
Grease Monkey

Post by WILL »

So what happen at the meeting?

I couldn't make it.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

we came up with some pretty basic stuff (See the news item)...
i'll have more for you next week
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Although I do not have my car (yet :( ) I would be more than interested in being part of a "proper" club. I also have a marketing degree, so I may be able to be of some assistance.

We as a group would have to set down exactly what we would want out of it, and then find out how this can be achieved. The structure, cost etc would all come as a result of the information.

Personally, I think that the track days would be sweet, and discounts would be great but the best thing would be that we are part of a group with a common obsession...I mean interest.

I eagerly await any news on this front.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Update: review on recent discussion agendas are underway. A draft copy of the club membership document has been made up and it is currently beind reviewed by state representatives and moderators. More updates should be available hopefully by next week.

Stay tuned! :)

(it's 2:15am and i'm tired - enough spamming from me for the night, hehehe!)
sxcfto
Mechanic

Re: CAMS

Post by sxcfto »

Maybe we should try and get all states together in one spot, have a fully organised event or Conference type thing. If we get a big enough group we should be able to get a venue at a good rate?
That way everything can be organised at once you could make it a 2 day event or something at a fairly central location to all and do memberships and pictures also organise for some suppliers and distributors to sponsor the event?
:wink:
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

nice idea a central location is thousands of km's of desert with no speed limits :) ahhaah

seriously though its a good idea we're organising a weekend event for NSW/ACT/VIC cars in the new year but actually getting everyone together is going to be a huge task i'd like to tackle after i see the response to our triad weekend.