Nvr2lows 6a13 conversATION WITH BEN ABOUT HIS CONVERSION

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

jonowong
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by jonowong »

for fuks sake take off your map sensor! its redundant!
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

jonowong wrote:for fuks sake take off your map sensor! its redundant!
WTF??
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

what the hell do you mean
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I8A4RE wrote:
WTF??
redundant .. it means unnecessary ;)
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Not if he's using the factory computer. It has to stay.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mr-charisma wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:
WTF??
redundant .. it means unnecessary ;)
Are you serious?? I wasnt saying WTF to the word redundant you noob, i was saying it too why he thinks the MAP is redundant :roll: :lol:

Right now to the comment, what do you mean redundant? no matter what ecu your running, you need some sort of air reading sensor. So either maf or map. Why the hell would you ever swap from a map to a maf? You wouldnt. You would swap from a maf to a map (which is what i will be doing very soon).

Am i too tired and havent understood you correctly???
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey ben doesn't the 6a13 run a maf sensor anyways mate with their standard computer. If I keep the map sensor their does that mean I wouldn't have to run the maf sensor buddy. Would like to know abit for info on this please.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

It runs a MAF and if you keep the factory computer it has to stay.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

ok thanks for clearing that up for me mate. Damn and I am trying not to put my battery in my boot as I have no room.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

nvr2low wrote:ok thanks for clearing that up for me mate. Damn and I am trying not to put my battery in my boot as I have no room.
No reason to keep it in the front as it's better to balance the weight albeit only a little bit more. Easy job to do too.
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

nvr2low wrote:ok thanks for clearing that up for me mate. Damn and I am trying not to put my battery in my boot as I have no room.
why do you have no room? too much sound equipment?

it is preferable to move it to the boot if you can..
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

spot on micheal 2 12 inch subs in a custom box kinda make the finally decescion really hard i might sell my 2 and buy 1 big sub haha.i have found out u can have the maf sensor right were our old intake for the fto was and it will still work so custom piping might be the way to go
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

You are in the process of doing an involved engine conversion. AFAICS there is no option but moving the battery. If necessary, rebuild the sub box to also house the battery. There is no reason why you can't have a functional compartment built into the box for the bat
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

I will find a way to make it fit guys haha. I have to go put my aircon condensor back in today and mount the front mount. This is only if they are not working on it.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

FTEvolution wrote:AFAICS
???????????
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

A=As
F=Far
A=As
I=I
C=Can
S=See

I use others too, to keep you ladies on your toes

Smooth and sleepy

jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

was just trying make nvr2low panic!

i apologise
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey dudes
exhaust YPIPE has been installed looks so sweet in black to bad that wil burn off very quickly.

i installed the aircon condenser back into the car and hooked up the fuel lines and the gear linkages. took front bar off ready for mounting intercooler on monday and doin the piping.

will be running 1.5 inch piping out of the turbos into a 2.5 inch pipe into the intercooler then 2.5 inch from intercooler to the throttle buddy. Going to be running a hks ssqv bov.

here is a pic of the rear turbo exhaust pipe not the best off my phone.
[img][img]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5099/img00074e.th.jpg[/img][/img]
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

looks like its coming together now mate :D hopefully not too long before the tune :?:
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

nvr2low wrote: will be running 1.5 inch piping out of the turbos into a 2.5 inch pipe into the intercooler then 2.5 inch from intercooler to the throttle buddy. Going to be running a hks ssqv bov.
Mate, Sorry if I'm getting you wrong here, but the general idea with turbo's is that
Air goes from Air Filter into the turbo > From turbo to throttle body after being compressed > meeting up with air from the intercooler along the way to cool the hot (Compressed) air coming out of the turbo.. > Throttle body / manifold > then into the engine

So far what you've said is all good..

The exhaust being pushed out from the engine is directly proportional to the amount of air being pumped out of the turbo, into the engine, in turn that air then gets pumped out of the engine as exhaust, into the rear turbo housing, spinning the turbine that drives the compressor .. so you understand how it's a cycle..

Normally the exhaust will be 2.5" .. the air intake will be 2.5" - 3" and the throttle body 2.75"?? the throttle body will be the main detractor from the power.. What is the main reason they want to go 1.6" piping from the turbo's? Space limitiations, coupling limitations? etc?

Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure) but it seems to me, you don't want to go limiting the airflow being pumped out of the turbo to 1.5" as this is just going to reduce the amount of air that can be pumped into the engine, hence reducing the total power it can make (all things above considered)

IMO, if you do want to restrict the piping, or the airflow & affect the power, the place to do it would be at the air filter, before the MAF, so that the engine is getting the right readings of how much air is flowing in ..

***One thing I'm uncertain on, is whether this comes into play with compressor surge & redirection of pressurised air from the BOV .. I would assume that there would be more build up of pressure in the turbo if there is more air coming in than can be pumped out quickly enough.. and then if it doesn't pump out quickly enough to reach the BOV it has to go back into the compressor ( hell.. it might even be inconsequential given the small volume of air ..) as I've said someone correct me if I'm wrong ...**