I8A4RE Turbo thread: Questions and Comments

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by I8A4RE »

Is that with a ECU install? Which one did you get emanage?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Got 10 with mine too. Was a Unichip.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah he was impressed with FTO's, he said normally looking 3-5kw gain on a NA car.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

How much did it cost you all up for the e-manage + install & tune?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

When you get your next tune done will you be getting it done when you in stall cooler/piping/injectors/fuel pump/ etc all at once?
and are you installing all the parts your self or most?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:Image
:lol:
mr c wrote:How much did it cost you all up for the e-manage + install & tune?
Around $750 for the emanage and $840 for the install and tune but that was with some minor work like replacing spark plugs.
ethix wrote:When you get your next tune done will you be getting it done when you in stall cooler/piping/injectors/fuel pump/ etc all at once?
and are you installing all the parts your self or most?
I was going to do it in two stages as quoted in my first post but becaus of the price of tuning and the fact that i want to do this as cheap as possible without cutting corners ill do it all in one hit now. I am going to install the most that i can, most of the piping, intercooler, oil return line, etc. Im pretty sure if i ask the local exhaust guy he will let me use his welding gear. What im thinking will be hard to do myself, is make up some sort of bracket to mount the turbo.
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Yeah, i thought you were going to get 2 more tunes (which will cost heaps)
if you lived in nsw's then you could probably get my brother inlaw to do the welding :P but that shouldn't matter if you are aloud to use a welder at an exhaust shop :)

BTW hows the parts hunting going?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Havent really been hunting lately, had a few other things going on, the only things now i really need is a RRFPR and some guages really
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

eThix wrote:Yeah, i thought you were going to get 2 more tunes (which will cost heaps)
if you lived in nsw's then you could probably get my brother inlaw to do the welding :P but that shouldn't matter if you are aloud to use a welder at an exhaust shop :)

why would he do 2 more tunes?, should be done he has no other mods so its a basic AFR change..infact should have only taken about 1hr on the dyno.

I used the emanage blue in mine...was about 110 kw atw with stock extractors and tip...

best power upgrade for your FTO = manual!
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

im too old for manuals and i cant afford a porsche so ill be sticking with tip but thanks for the info :lol:
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

khunjeng wrote:
eThix wrote:Yeah, i thought you were going to get 2 more tunes (which will cost heaps)

why would he do 2 more tunes?, should be done he has no other mods so its a basic AFR change..infact should have only taken about 1hr on the dyno.

I used the emanage blue in mine...was about 110 kw atw with stock extractors and tip...

best power upgrade for your FTO = manual!
No idea thats why i was asking...... :?
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

hey Simon, I'm to lazy to read thru 7 pages. Do you still need a boost gauge or turbo timer? I can also get my hands on an Apexi RSM if you wanted. All the parts are 2nd hand out of my mates old 200sx
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

interested in boost gauge and maybe turbo timer. but i want white face dials or smokey face but if super cheap i may be swayed. Get me pics and prices
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0021361611

Do you think it would fit in the clock or voltmeter position.
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

i could find a better price on them 2nd hand if your intrested?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

White face and fits in the voltmeter/ clock position.....very interested
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Are you after any style in particular?? 2inch gauges will fit. Confirmed this at a store

These are cheap and will do the job for you. Look decent too....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4-x-New-Option-J ... dZViewItem
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

be careful with smoke gauges, they may look good in pics, but when in your car, you can't see them for sh*t.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

thanks guys but yeah im after WHITE FACE only as i want it to go with the white guages i have already.

So 2" will definitly fit eh