Bennoz spends more money - NOS!

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FtoSam
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by FtoSam »

pics ben!!! now!!!!

And what size nozzle are you using???

Hrmm... wondering if they'll put a 250 shot on mine...

Give some details of setup... where the plumbing is run...

Breakdown of pricing...

etc

Please... please for the love of god... this is going to be far better than turbo'ing FTOs... i can see it now...

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Bit over 2 grand for something like that is pretty good! I'd do it - if i still had my fto... just for craps and giggles when a wrx comes along lol.

So how much was it to refill Bennoz ?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

So is this on stock internals ben and forgive my ignorance but is it a wet or dry shot (i know sweet f^&k all about nos).
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Storm
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Storm »

AMACHA wrote:im lebo i want my fto to purge nos....just for show of course....
Be like our chavs here and get a full purge kit with neon to highlight it when it goes off and run CO2 through it :lol:
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

Storm wrote:
AMACHA wrote:im lebo i want my fto to purge nos....just for show of course....
Be like our chavs here and get a full purge kit with neon to highlight it when it goes off and run CO2 through it :lol:
how much would the purge kit and the neons cost all up ? cos i like the look of purging nos with colour to it... :D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

harry90 wrote: how much would the purge kit and the neons cost all up ? cos i like the look of purging nos with colour to it... :D
$20 for neons/LEDs, $2 for some double side tape, $3 worth of wiring to piggy back the light off your switch/button for the nos... it'll look dodgy as hell, especially if u look at the install, but it'll work lol

...with work quality and design like that... even i'm suprised my car is still running lol
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

ok honestly now is there anyway to get the purge nose effect without nosing your fto i haeva excuse im lebo lmfaoooo hoenstly now what oculd i do to get steam/air blowing through my vents pwahhh
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Convert your engine to a steam engine like on a train then you will have all the steam you want. plus you get even bigger arms from shovel all that coal win/win situation if you ask me :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
RalliartBoy
Mechanic

Post by RalliartBoy »

AMACHA wrote:ok honestly now is there anyway to get the purge nose effect without nosing your fto i haeva excuse im lebo lmfaoooo hoenstly now what oculd i do to get steam/air blowing through my vents pwahhh
With you all the way, you represent us in Melbourne and i'll represent us up in Sydney !!!
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

BorepYano wrote:
harry90 wrote: how much would the purge kit and the neons cost all up ? cos i like the look of purging nos with colour to it... :D
$20 for neons/LEDs, $2 for some double side tape, $3 worth of wiring to piggy back the light off your switch/button for the nos... it'll look dodgy as hell, especially if you look at the install, but it'll work lol

...with work quality and design like that... even i'm suprised my car is still running lol
Yang you forgot the 2.5k for the actual nos kit or should he just make one out of a stick attached to a can of hairspray.....hmmmmm gets me thinking you could even attach a lighter to that and have a flamethrower kit....... imsure it will be completely safe 8)
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Sorry, but i'm with Bennoz on this one... anyone who runs NOS purge or imitation NOS purge without delivering a 250hp shot to the engine... douche.
Just putting it out there.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Get F^&ked my train idea rocks :lol:
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

i like your idea to simon its win win for me gym workout with the coal and thep urge effect hey even makes greating heating in winter hahaha

farah
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

I dont mind the NOS purge look... Its the same reason people get bodykits, wheels, exhaust tips, etc...

No real world function.. just looks good...

that said i dont know if i'll get a purge or not... wouldnt mind running 250hp shot though...

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

FtoSam wrote:I dont mind the NOS purge look... Its the same reason people get bodykits, wheels, exhaust tips, etc...

No real world function.. just looks good...

that said i dont know if i'll get a purge or not... wouldnt mind running 250hp shot though...
I thanks everyone here agrees sam, but i think ppl are saying you shouldnt have the look without having the nos to back it up...... :D
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Enough about the f*cking purge, start your own purge bling thread in styling.

Sam - am using a 100hp shot

Delvance - Is a $100 per fill

Simon - standard internals. Is a wet shot.

Dyno figures:
Apologies for the sh*t photo's. I have got printouts coming.

I'll explain, Left side of screen is torque, right side of screen is Kilowatts.
Red lines are 'before' - Green Lines are 'after' (ie no nos, with nos)

Kws are one thing, but torque is the ability to accelerate. Have a go at the torque gain! It also changes the torque curve dramatically, with the peak being 1200rpm earlier than before. Pays to put the nos on early in the rev range... I've now learnt after last nights redlining wheel spins at the drag strip lol.

Torque before: 162.1Nm
Torque after: 241.5Nm

Kws before: 118.6Kws
Kws after: 158.8Kws

So thats a 79.4Nm torque increase, a 40.2Kw power increase.

RalliartBoy
Mechanic

Post by RalliartBoy »

It's my cousin !!! :P
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Thats f&*ken awesome ben, f&*k it must be a wicked feeling
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

$100 per fill, that's not too bad considering it will probably last awhile once the "new effect" wears off.

Torque curve is impressive, it's like n/a to 3.5k rpm then your t88 turbo kicks in :P

Power curve looks pretty good too.

So is project blower still going ahead Bennoz ? I mean... adding a blower giving a couple of psi will most likely show gains a bit smaller than your before/after here. Without a blower, you get to maintain your reliability and n/a response (one of the best things of a free breathing fto imho) plus have decent fuel consumption. Then when you want to turn the wick up, just switch on nos. I guess there'll always be a huge difference in partial throttle power but i reckon an fto without it's n/a throttle control and big up in power will be one unhappy camper in a mountain run/street driving... be good for straight lines though...

Curious about one thing though... iirc, your car has a haltech piggyback installed in it ? Obviously the piggyback mapping is now tuned with nos in mind under what... Wasn't your nos switched as well ? Is the car ok to run what without nos ?