angel eyes, round 2

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

DRM34R
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by DRM34R »

so whos doin mine then ay :lol:
[img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4341/untitledom9.jpg[/img]
dj_ules
Mechanic

Post by dj_ules »

hmmm have they been sent out yet ?
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

dj_ules wrote:hmmm have they been sent out yet ?
lol, no no they havent been sent out yet, i was waiting for the forum to come back so i can let ppl know first (cos they r registered, i think someone needs to sign for them?)

they are all packed and ready to go. i'll try to get to the post office before the weekend, so they will arrive next week :)
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
Killer7
Apprentice

Post by Killer7 »

Finally have those angel eyes installed from the first group buy. Whole process took like 8 hours for me.

Am I the only one with them in the UK?

Without Headlighhts On

With 8000K HIDs On
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

hey good to see aaron. :)
Killer7 wrote:...
no, i know there's at least 3 other ppl in the UK that got them. but i dont think they r regulars here or anything.

oh funny thing that u posted.
cos i just got a nice little package delivered to me a week ago (actually chances have it, it arrived the same day as the round 2 lights arrived lol)
it says "not called for", which i guess means they left u a note but u never picked it up. :evil:
oh in case anyone's wondering, it takes 5 months for a round trip for unclaimed mail to get from aus to uk and back again lol... and judging by the amount of dmg on the packaging... i wouldnt be supprised if it floated back T_T'

Edit: lol just realised i could've sounded sour in this post, just to clear up things, i doubt its your fault lol, and good to see everything worked out :)

oh... btw remember when u said royal mail never failed you? well they have now :D :P
Aus post: 1 | Royal Mail: 0
lol
kiz wrote:
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

Man you know mine still aren't wired up? I've been so busy my cars been pretty neglected recently. Haven't been driving it or even really doing much with it apart from rather sporadic trips here and there.

Not only that I haven't had time to fix that one angel eye that popped out... to make it worse both of them are hanging out.

The good news however is that they've done a *LOT* of mileage like that... and my cars not exactly the smoothest ride. They're fine, no damage to them that I can make out even moving about inside the lights.

Going to fix it very shortly... haha and finally wire them up. Pretty much decided to quit my current job as I'm pretty over it... so hopefully a bit more free time an income shall see me getting around to fixing the damn things and having some free time to go on some more cruises with FTOQld 8O

So at the very least a big thumbs up to their durability... and an apology for dropping off the face of the earht with all those photos etc. Work + Family issues = ninja disapearing.

Some of those shots look really nice !

See you guys around bris/coast sometime :D
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

oh will u r alive lol

hahaha, good to see they are still in one piece, mine still havent come lose yet, lol
and if u r gonig to fix it then u might want to chip the bog off and use something else... super glue, silicon.... it seems just about anything will hold these suckers in, so use somethign thats clear (and can take the heat of baking)
yeah mate, see u at the next cruise :P
kiz wrote:
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

BorepYano wrote:oh will u r alive lol

hahaha, good to see they are still in one piece, mine still havent come lose yet, lol
and if u r gonig to fix it then u might want to chip the bog off and use something else... super glue, silicon.... it seems just about anything will hold these suckers in, so use somethign thats clear (and can take the heat of baking)
yeah mate, see u at the next cruise :P
Mostly alive. Mostly :D

Any general consensus on which is best? haha I don't want to make a habbit of this ;) Don't recall many glues saying "bakes well in the oven" on the back of them haha Maybe I should get my glue from a bakery :P
Killer7
Apprentice

Post by Killer7 »

Wow, you got it back. Mmm.. that is weird coz I don't remember receiving any notes about any packages.

Well Royal Mail is a mess now. our post is all messed up here with all the strikes going on.

Have to thank you again for posting a replacement out to me.

Thanks Yang
BorepYano wrote:hey good to see aaron. :)
Killer7 wrote:...
no, i know there's at least 3 other ppl in the UK that got them. but i dont think they r regulars here or anything.

oh funny thing that u posted.
cos i just got a nice little package delivered to me a week ago (actually chances have it, it arrived the same day as the round 2 lights arrived lol)
it says "not called for", which i guess means they left u a note but u never picked it up. :evil:
oh in case anyone's wondering, it takes 5 months for a round trip for unclaimed mail to get from aus to uk and back again lol... and judging by the amount of dmg on the packaging... i wouldnt be supprised if it floated back T_T'

Edit: lol just realised i could've sounded sour in this post, just to clear up things, i doubt its your fault lol, and good to see everything worked out :)

oh... btw remember when u said royal mail never failed you? well they have now :D :P
Aus post: 1 | Royal Mail: 0
lol
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

Killer7 wrote:Wow, you got it back. Mmm.. that is weird coz I don't remember receiving any notes about any packages.

Well Royal Mail is a mess now. our post is all messed up here with all the strikes going on.

Have to thank you again for posting a replacement out to me.

Thanks Yang
lol no probs :),
yeah i was pretty surprised to get it back myself, forgot all about it actually. been too scared to open it though, it sounds like its intact but i'm scared that somethings going to jump out and try to eat me if i open it lol (i'm waiting for a mate to come over with a cricket bat before i open it lol)

and will, look at the heat rating on the glue ;), most of them that can take high heat, it will say somewhere on the packaging. although just your cheapo $2 super glue worked fine as well...
and if u r not sure, then just test it out by baking it lol.
kiz wrote:
DRM34R
Grease Monkey

Post by DRM34R »

my inner lights r my main lights then the outter ones r the high beams. who can connect the angel eyes so that all four r on when the main lights r on? auto electrician?
[img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4341/untitledom9.jpg[/img]
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

DRM34R wrote:my inner lights r my main lights then the outter ones r the high beams. who can connect the angel eyes so that all four r on when the main lights r on? auto electrician?
yes they can, but u can do it urself. its just a matter of tapping the wiring from the angel eyes into the right circurt
kiz wrote:
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

are they sent yet? i really want my car to look like a BMW asap
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

nope, not sent yet :( (couldnt find the time to go to the post office)
i'm definately sending them on monday though. (it's my day off so i have no excuse lol)
u should still get the lights next week though :)
sry guys
kiz wrote:
dj_ules
Mechanic

Post by dj_ules »

was there a DIY somewhere floating around to install these.. i though i saw one a while ago?
if not u wanna do 1 borep to show all us noobs :twisted:
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

dj_ules wrote: That Weirdo Laughing Spitting Spoofer:
what the hell does that mean?!
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

dj_ules wrote:was there a DIY somewhere floating around to install these.. i though i saw one a while ago?
if not u wanna do 1 That Weirdo Laughing Spitting Spoofer to show all us noobs :twisted:
it should be on page 1 or 2 of this thread.
manofwood wrote:
dj_ules wrote:borep:
what the hell does that means?!
this again.... damn u ben lol
ben w0rd filtered my name - b0rep to borep
kiz wrote:
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

pm yang