FTO Dials - Info/Summary/Group Buy

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ellusion
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO Dials - Info/Summary/Group Buy

Post by ellusion »

I've been interested in dials for a while now and have researched this forum and the net to find out prices and info.

Basically there are two types of dials.
The first are the normal ones that simply replace your existing dials. They onli change the look. You will continue to use your existing lighting.
I found these from KMC/Funky Product at around 55 Pounds.
Too expensive since it doesnt light up like indiglo. At night you will only see the numbers, which are lit up by your existing lights.

Then you have Indiglo dials.
The first type of these are the backlit ones. With these, they are just like the normal dials above BUT the numbers light up. Your existing lighting is not used. This is much brighter. Heres a link to the forum topic for this type:
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... opic&t=740

These are from Autoillusions and look great. I'm interested in these at the moment. scracy is trying to organise a group buy at $180/set.

The second of the indiglo are the normal ones where the WHOLE dial lights up. This is my favourite type but i still like the Back lit Dial from autoillusions. With this type i have found MANY shops to stock or make them.
Etronics has supplied these before to FTO Australia members. Heres the link to this forum topic:
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... opic&t=201

They were at $350 through a group buy and are custom made.
We can organise another group buy since many people on this forum seem interested.

Apart from etronics and autoillusions, i have found some other places that either sell or custom make them. These places are:
-SRS Auto
-Motorware (Make custom dials)
-Autojoy
-Emtech

I have emailed these shops and waiting for their reply. I'll update on this topic when i hear from them.

Basically, we currently have three choices:
-Group buy from autoillusions for their backlit ones (Just numbers light up)

-Group buy from autoillusions for their regular dials (WHOLE dials lights up)

-Group buy from Etronic (WHOLE dial lights up) who have made them before for FTO members.

I love these ones but waiting for replies from other shops to see what they have to offer.

Those who are interested in these dials, post your interest in the respective topics.
wildfaye
Grease Monkey

Post by wildfaye »

Hi,

I am interested in the EL dials(whole dials light up), 5spd Tip, (yes! neon blue too!)

There is actually another place, in UK, actually, made by KM Chau.
http://www.fto-v6.fsnet.co.uk/

Unfortunatly, he seems to be stopping production.

From what I have seen, it seems that Funky UK is selling these which are made by him and smorison is trying to get hold of them to c if they could do a special run for us.

I hope they do, becos IMHO I personally feel that this are the best looking ones around and most 'Stock looking' aka w/o branding stamped on the dials. (the EL ones by etronics and autoillusions have their brand stamped on the bottom of the speedo)

I put my hands up for one set of 5spd tips for myself if there is a group buy on these!

Cheers!
Sam
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Hi ellusion,

I don't think you have mentioned about the whole dials being lit up ones from Autoillusions and you are saying they do have one.

How much are these ones?

I am interested in it as well with a groupd buy.

Thanks,
Bluntman
Grease Monkey

Post by Bluntman »

im really interestd in the Indiglo dials from autoillusions, can they make the 4spd tip with a really high speedo in blue?
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

In the topic on Autoillusions by scracy, scracy says autoillusions can do the silver dials with backlit numbers for $180 if we can get a group buy.
They can also do the WHOLE face-lit dials but am unsure of the price.
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

I have just received some replies from some other shops. Their prices are similar.

MOTOWARE have them in: a.)

Aqua to blue
red
orange
purple
green
yellow

All at $450 each custom made. Includes the centre dials.

EMTECH also custom makes them at $300 a set + $100 for the centre dials.
These come in the blue/green.

ETRONIC have made them before as mentioned before. Their normal price is $450, or group buy price is $350 (Hopefully!)

I guess the prices are all similar. Its up to us now to find a deal through a group buy.

I have looked for the neon-like blue but they only have the sky/light blue as seen in the other posts. I guess i may consider purple.
Deeps
Grease Monkey

Post by Deeps »

I am also very interested in these dials. If people are going to organise a group buy or somthing then Im in!
lal
Grease Monkey

Post by lal »

I'm interested in the whole dial ligthing up... but just a couple of questions:

1. if we do a group buy, does the whole group have to have the same colours as the background, or do we get to choose?
2. I read in one of the threads that someone said their dials changes from coluor to clour... how many colours can it change to? the whole list you listed? or we pick a couple?
3. how much is it to get this installed? or is it easy to install by myself, without electicuting myself or breaking the whole electronics of the car?

sorry for all the questions..
thanks.
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

in response to your questions
2 - the only ones that change from colour to colour is the blue/green combo...the rest are usually just one colour and you adjust the brightness
3 - when watching mine get installed Im glad they did it, looked quite fiddly and such, but i guess it depends how handy you are with the wiring behind the dash/takin out the dials etc.....
mmmyum
Apprentice

im in !!!

Post by mmmyum »

count me in for the whole dials lighting up (aqua-blue i like )and if u can get it by this month even better !!!!!!!!so dis comin cruise will hopefully last til night and glow our night away !!!!!!!!!!
mmmyum
Apprentice

im in !!!

Post by mmmyum »

count me in for the whole dials lighting up (aqua-blue i like )and if u can get it by this month even better !!!!!!!!so dis comin cruise will hopefully last til night and glow our night away !!!!!!!!!!
KillaFlop
Apprentice

Post by KillaFlop »

i'm up 4 the etronic style dials likle the previous group buy so u can count me in....
there's gotta b more ppl that want dials :!:
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

imin ,blue ones, and can you get silver rings too like the funky 1s
HEK-71Q
Grease Monkey

Post by HEK-71Q »

hey there guys!!....yeah im interested in the whole dial light-ups...and would like a red one please!!! please update when the group buy is goin to happen...thanks!! hopefully the prices go down!
JagerMarty
Apprentice

Post by JagerMarty »

Yes, as said elsewhere, am very interested in a set as bought by the previous group from Etronic, the whole dial light up thing yeah? Will have to find someone in Melbourne to put them in for me though.