Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Greggles
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Paint & Panel?

Post by Greggles »

Hey boys and girls,

I've scraped my HKS front bumper to hell and now it's all chipped. I'm sort of sick of the look, so I've decided I'm going to go out and buy a sexy new VS kit. Anyone got any recommendations in QLD as to where to go? I was thinking of getting a respray about the same time, so like I said - any recommendations would be mucho appreciated.

Danke,

Greg.
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Would you be selling the HKS front bar by any chance :?:
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

No thanks, buy this front bumper and side skirt package -
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... pic&t=6940

edit: damnit pete nice timing, this was meant to be aimed at the origanl poster :P anywho, one of you buy the d'c package!
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
Greggles
Apprentice

Post by Greggles »

Bucket>

Sure, though it's been banged up quite badly. No frontal accident damage or anything too serious, but there are plenty of scrapes and a couple of hefty chips out of the bottom. Not to mention that when I bought the car, the lovely person installed the grill with some kind of brackets and two small bolts through the lower lip. I'll try and take some pics tomorrow and load them up.

Scarecrow>

No thanks, I'm a veilside boy allllll the way. Looks too sexay :)

-----------------------------
Another question to add to my stockpile of queries: Anyone know a rough estimate of what it would cost to get just a standard metallic black respray? Obviously it differs from workshop to workshop, but anyone know rough estimates?
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

Greggles wrote: No thanks, I'm a veilside boy allllll the way. Looks too sexay :)

Cmon, i know theres a few of you itching to say it..... :lol:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I can't agree with you more mike. :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Another question to add to my stockpile of queries: Anyone know a rough estimate of what it would cost to get just a standard metallic black respray? Obviously it differs from workshop to workshop, but anyone know rough estimates?
This depends entirely on how high a quality job you want done. If you just want the exterior done I'd budget for $3-4 thousand. Naturally if you want inner door seals done and engine bay and things like that then price is going to go up.

Of course if you can sand it back and strip it/tape it up yourself then the price will drop a little bit. Spray jobs come down to labour costs.
Also, if you're game enough you can always spray your car yourself, but you need the right gear and a lot of time.
Sure, though it's been banged up quite badly. No frontal accident damage or anything too serious, but there are plenty of scrapes and a couple of hefty chips out of the bottom.
Well naturallly sanding it back and touching it up would be done before I put it on my car anyway. Pictures would be great thanks! :D