Whats is the difference between GPvR and GPvR Aero ??

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Biot
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Whats is the difference between GPvR and GPvR Aero ??

Post by Biot »

does any one know what is the difference between GPvR and GPvR Aero FTO models ??
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i suspect they're both the same... the term 'Aero' is given for models fitted with a spoiler package i think, LOL... :D
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

the gpvr has the same front bumper and rear spoiler as the gpx, the aero series has the facelifted bumper and rear spoiler
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

In 1996, they released a GPvR. Being a 1996 it had the pre-facelifted front and normal gpx spoiler.

In 1997 onwards, the GPvR had the new facelifted front and Version R spoiler (the taller spoiler).

However, if all this is correct so far, i still do not know what a GPvR Aero is. lol
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

I think the Aero also has side folding mirrors and keyless entry as standard as compared to the normal GPversionR.

My car was actually badged as an Aero GPX! It has Version R headlights, and the rest of the GPversionR bodykit. But suspension and mechanical wise it's a GPX.
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

sorry i was thinking of the gpx to the version r, ok as fas i can tell the aero series misses out on a few comfet/safety features like
ABS (anti lock brake system)
Driver's SRS air bag system
Cd Stacker