"Our preciousssss" rims scraped

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

rxboy
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

"Our preciousssss" rims scraped

Post by rxboy »

Anybody know of ways to remove scrapes/scratches off rims? I've got 17in ROH shadowchrome Adrenalins and I came a little too close to the curb. Now I've got small scrapes on 3 of the wheel spokes. Can they be sanded down?
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

most places which sell rims, can repair them, ther ar 2 options, I cante remeber the exact details on each option, but the 2nd option is more for deep scratches and rim restoration, they usually cost about $100 to restore though. Just talk to some one at beurepairs or something
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Steve's Wheels @ Sunshine (Berkshire Rd) can help. I've lost his business card, but check the yellow pages. ;-)
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Thanx for the advice guys. I'll check around and see what options I have.

PS: Let's congratulate Mikey on making 1000 posts. I think he's the first to do that. Maybe you should rename yourself to SPAMMEISTER j/k :lol:
elmo
Grease Monkey

rims

Post by elmo »

How'd ya go with your rims RXboy?
Depending how deep the scratches are, you could just sand em out. Most rims have a clear coating on em, which is usually the bit that gets scratched. If you lightly sand it off with wet and dry it gets rid of em but you have to do the whole rim. Also, they polish up better with the clear removed. If your really keen and wanna do all of em really quickly you can get em acid bathed or use paint stripper.... well thats if it is/was just the clearcoat thats damaged...

Damn still got a long way to go to catch the Spammeister...
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Gonna go to Donellans where I bought the rims and see what they say. I have a free tyre rotation coming up in a couple of months :wink: