Traction Control

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ellusion
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Traction Control

Post by ellusion »

Do FTO's come with traction control? If not, are they an option and how do you know if you have it?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

I believe traction control is a factory option, and if you're lucky enough (depending on how you see it) to have one fitted on your car you will have a TCL light come on the dash when you start up the engine...
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

Im pretty sure its an optional extra...
my 96 gpx has it, and to be honest....i turn it off 99% of the time(or whenever i remember because it defaults to on)...

i feel with it, it kicks in to early for my liking...and with it off i feel i have more control over what the car is doing, and if i feel like flinging the car around a corner and feeling the tail get a little lose then i can :)

besides...we didnt buy this car just for its looks did we :)

SilentBob
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

SilentBob wrote:besides...we didnt buy this car just for its looks did we :)
SilentBob
8O ......we didn't?????? 8O

LOL... ;):P
elmo
Grease Monkey

TCL

Post by elmo »

the tail still gets loose with it on though. The only time i turn it off is for launches where a bit of wheel spin is preferred.

Can remember one time when was doin 180 and had brake fade, i had already overshot because i thought the brakes were heaps better, and i had to turn regardless...
Slap it back through the gears, stomp on the brake as hard as possible and throw it into the corner, and hold on for dear life. Needles to say i stopped 1/2m off the wall, and if TCL was off i woulda went through it....or it woulda went through me????
But we all learn from our mistakes.(I got bigger brakes :twisted: )