MOMO Handbrake Handle - will not fit. Adapter for FTO?

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

peterm3150
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

MOMO Handbrake Handle - will not fit. Adapter for FTO?

Post by peterm3150 »

I recently bought a MOMO Handbrake handle, however it will not fit onto my current handbrake.

As you can see from the picture I've attached, I've completely stripped the rubber off the top section (from checking out the inside of the MOMO handle there was a section that long which needed to be as thin as possible), however this metal section just below the button does not fit into the handle. The button goes through fine, so it obviously only needs to be a TINY bit thinner in order to fit (however it's metal, so I can't really make it any thinner).

Who has had experience with this?

Is there an adapter for FTO? If so which one/where can I buy it from?

THANKS!
Attachments
IMG_0163.JPG
dstocks
National Vice President

Re: MOMO Handbrake Handle - will not fit. Adapter for FTO?

Post by dstocks »

I fitted a Momo Handbrake handle to mine this morning. ALL the rubber has to come off. I also found that there was a plastic insert inside the new handle that had to come out as well. In my case it wasnt pressed in, so think it was just inside the handle for packing purposes. I suspect it is an adapter that is needed for other cars that causes a problem in this case.

Also,i ground a little bit of the lip of the handbrake with an angle grinder so that the handle went on a little further. This meant that the button pokes out more and is a better fit.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    peterm3150
    Apprentice

Re: MOMO Handbrake Handle - will not fit. Adapter for FTO?

Post by peterm3150 »

Good timing!

Thanks very much. I popped the adaptor out of the handle and now it fits on fine.

Cheers.
    Pete