General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

elmo
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

[b]$$$$$$$$$$$$$[/b]

Post by elmo »

Bet that gets a bit of attention.

So you've seen my post (whinge) about rip off businesses.
What I wanna know is who is good.
My problem is wanna do about 8-10k worth of work on my car and cant find any trustworthy businesses to deal with.
I've got to the stage I have to sit and watch em work cause you just dunno what they are doing to it. Might aswell do the job myself.

So I need...*Bodykit
*Suspension
*Rims and tyres
*Speed delimiter and 280kmh speedo
for now.
Tell me who is good and where to go so we all know.
[/b]
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

what ever u want, i can get....
u wanna kit, rims and susp.....
easy done....
hey for 10Gs i can get your car sprayed with kit and rims and dropped!!!!
depends on whether your all talk or not and if u got cash...
lots o people say i want this and that then say im gettin this and that
.........but never do
u in sydney???
if i got time i will help ya out.
k?

FOULZ
FOULZ
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

elmo are you in Perth
elmo
Grease Monkey

stuff

Post by elmo »

Yea danny I'm in Perth.
As for bein all talk...well i oughta... nah.
Your right man, lots of people are all talk and maybe thats what they think of me when I rock up and start talkin NOS etc but doesn't mean I dont have the dollars to do it. I just wanna talk about it a bit first.
Enough of that though, I'm sick of talk and want to get some stuff done.

I'm gettin the whole car resprayed as soon as I can find a body kit supplier who is worthy of my dollars. Costing $3500 for respray and some panel work including fiting the kit.

The front suspension is rooted, been told Wilkkinson Suspension in Perth is the place to go. Dunno about the cost on that yet though.

Once the bodykit is on, will be changing to a twin system exhaust (to suit bumper) but stiil don't have any reccomendations on that one. And then will be doin the mags and tyres.

Once she all looks sweet will be gettin back into the engine bay but still haven't decided on what to do.... Now if only I could get a trustworthy mechanic who knows what he's talking about and won't just try sell me what he has in stock.

Yeah Foulz 10k will hopefully go along way and I have been saving along time to do it. f**k I've been driving it smashed up for 8 months now to save money. I have the cash, but not the time and I'm sick of dealing with tossers.
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

well said elmo.
if u were in sydney i could have helped u heaps...
nevermind...
i was thinking of going nos aswell but i have lost interest in the FTO and wanna start somthin else. so i thought i should save it for nos on the next car...
Sorry i cant help ya mate.
good luck though.

FOULZ

p.s. i didnt say u were full o sh*t, just asking if u were. :wink:
FOULZ
elmo
Grease Monkey

OK

Post by elmo »

It's ok DUDE no hard feelins.
Sometime I think I sound like I'm full of sh*t, but I'm just fussy.
I've worked very hard to pay for this car and fucked if I will let anyone rort me out of it again.
Just because we drive nice cars mechanics etc think we can afford to pay through the nose. What they don't know is most of us don't earn much more than them, we are just a bit smarter with what we do with it.

As for not being able to help me cause im in perth...
FREIGHT my good friend. It gets put onto the cost anyway so I might aswell get the stuff freighted over myself.

So about that 280kmh speedo and delimiter :twisted: ?
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

what colour is your car Elmo?
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

i should be able to help you elmo i know a few places and i got my full 3 inch custom made mandrel bent stainless steel twin system for 2 grand included 3 stainless mufflers 1 stainless resonator and two stainless tips, fitting.

and i know where you can get the work done, have several contacts for servicing or modifications and i am very happy with my modifications, you dont get over 400 Hp from a stock motor with out the guys knowing what there talking about

crockenberg motors knows his stuff when it comes to servicing would have to be the best in perth on the FTO.

and full throttle when it comes to engine mods and conversions on imported japanese cars,

and i know a few places for parts so email me with your contact details on FTOLTD@hotmail.com
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

ok elmo, what do u want me to do for ya?
i cant help ya with suspension coz the guys need your car and to see if your happy with the job coz its custom.
as for kit, u would need to find someone to paint and fit it, it might work out even cheaper if u get the same guys to supply paint and fit.... i can still get the kit for ya though...
rims, rims, rims, u will need to fing the size and style u like then i can get ya a price...
Anything else?
FOULZ