what to do

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bduffman
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

what to do

Post by bduffman »

hey guys sorta hit a cross road not sure what to do heres my issue

ive got a 95 gr with roof rust problem is to fix it fit my bodykit and full respray in a different colour is going to cost like 8k
and even then i still have a few small issues with the fto like , need new headlights , bent dogleg mount , cut and refiberglass front bar
so theres another grand or so , 9k to fuly custom my fto or spend say 10k on some thing else and be done with it part out the fto and sell off the kit

the other option is to just fix the rust and front bar save and get a mate to respray it , the engines good had it fully serviced with waterpump timing belt gaskets seals all filters including pvc valve and fuel canister , also had hd clutch put in 2 months back , also have gb rear bar , ab hood , dc skirts , kaze front
ive spent a lot of money on this fto but at the end of the day its not worth it to sell
i could look around and see if i can get it done cheaper mate was saying 2.5k for paint job and the rust guy was saying 1 to 2k to just fix the rust so dont know where all this extra money is going to
if it costs 5k ill fix it but anything more then that and i may just wait till im off my ps and buy some thing else
Sweep
Grease Monkey

Re: what to do

Post by Sweep »

Ive been having the same issues with my fto and turbo conversions trying to justify spending a good 8 grand converting mine to a turbo when I could pick up somthing like a R32 for around that price.
Which would give me a RWD turbo track car with plenty of aftermarket support and also keep the fto.
But the thing ive come to realise is you cannot compare the fto to other cars the fto is so unique with its styling enigne and problems :lol: .
After owning one for eight months and comming to crossroads I had to make some desisions.
Ive had my fair share of problems and also some serious fun, and got to the stage where I really wanted somthing which was a turbo and this forced me to make a commitment.
So I have made a decission to buy a second fto as project / track car this means that the car can sit around having work done to it and waiting for funds for as long as it needs.
At the end of the day theirs a good chance that your not going to get anywhere near the money you put into the car back when it comes to selling it, So your really going to have to think to yourself do you like the fto enough to put this kind of money into it or not.
Theirs not really any logical based answer that can help you out it all comes down to wether you like the fto enough to commit to spending this kind of money on it.
Dont know if this helps or not :?
MH999
Mechanic

Post by MH999 »

@bduffman just sell it and be done with it.I was in a similar position with mine but i didnt have to spend as much,you will totally regret it if you do spend the money because just look at what ftos go for now,i couldnt even get 5500 for mine and it was in really good condition as well.Dont listen too ''an fto is unique'' it is but its one that A LOT of people dont like and there is pretty much no demand for them. (no one wants to buy a na fwd import)
So just get rid of it while you still can.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Get a bunch of cushions, drive into a pole at 60 km/hr with the cushions in front of your chest, then start moaning and sh*t when the ambo comes, insurance job!

PS. This was a joke, in case I needed to point that out for the dumbasses
PPS. AND LEARN TO FKN TYPE k**t
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

yea ild need full comp for that and then ild prob owe nrma money
ill need to talk to parents see what they think
the reason its going to cost me so much is cause im having it taken back to bare metal rust fixed and resprayed fully as well as kit rubed back fitted and resprayed
if i wasnt fitting the kit it would cost a lot less and if i wasnt changing the colour

i might find out how much the front bar will be to fix and how much to fix just the rust then save for spray

im really starting to hate cars once this is done and a set of rims i wont be doing much else
Sweep
Grease Monkey

Post by Sweep »

sublime19 wrote:Get a bunch of cushions, drive into a pole at 60 km/hr with the cushions in front of your chest, then start moaning and sh*t when the ambo comes, insurance job!

PS. This was a joke, in case I needed to point that out for the dumbasses
PPS. AND LEARN TO FKN TYPE k**t
love the small print :D
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

Come on!!! You posted like 9999999999 times in the forum saying you got the kaze front, ab hood, dc skirts in your garage and once you got them fitted and re-sprayed, you'll have a sickass fto.

And now you post this kind of sh*t thread??

I also got vortex rear and dc skirts in the garage and will definitely get them fitted some day.
(damn i sounds like bduffman now)
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Why so much for a spray.. I had the Evo/GSR taken back to bare metal + a lot of body work done for around 9k..

Don't know why a 2 door coup would cost so much..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

phunkydude wrote: (damn i sounds like bduffman now)
Actually you don't, I don't think anybody's ever understood what he's written, so you're still good :lol:
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
MH999
Mechanic

Post by MH999 »

[quote="bduffman"]
the reason its going to cost me so much is cause im having it taken back to bare metal rust fixed and resprayed fully as well as kit rubed back fitted and resprayed

lol if you want to waste money then at least dont go bare metal ,imo thats just retarded to go back to bare metal on a car thats only 16yo and with 2 pac paint (roof i can understand).Just sand back/key the old paint,its something you could even do in your drive way lol but if you can get the money to do all this than go for it.