Buying car door hinges.

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please Post:
* Picture if possible
* Details
* Price
* State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Buying car door hinges.

Post by renzkuken1 »

I need the driver side and passenger side door hinges as i am reverting my scissor doors to normal...

cheers.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Re: Buying car door hinges.

Post by Kustom »

Dudeeeeee dont do it. -.-
Taz wrote:When funds allow
JohanGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by JohanGPX »

Would you be willing to trade for your scissor door kit, (assuming you have the hydraulic lifters with it).. with some money in between? I heard that there are some problems with scissor doors on FTO's though? :?
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

Trade for my door hinges? :)
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

aha, yeah i have had them a year and they have been good. But if someone else opens it then you have problems!
I would want to do a trade my mechanism and door for your hinges and door :)
Then i will need to respray the door my cars colour and same with you. But you would have to get someone to fit them by welding them on and aligning it correctly.
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

+ some cash towards the mechanism. :)
JohanGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by JohanGPX »

Oh ok, I thought it was just scissor door designed hinges (bolt on), with hydraulic lifters. I bet someone down south will be more happy to trade with you seeing as you need to post/trade doors as well, my bad. :|
RyanStyler
Grease Monkey

Post by RyanStyler »

I would love to buy the mechanism and hydraulics from ya if u manage to find someone to give you the hinges won be able to do the trade a I am in tassie by the what do u mean there is a problem if someone else opens it?
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Ive got doors and hinges. PM sent
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    renzkuken1
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

Like the mechanism get's loose and may need some adjusting but atm the door comes a little bit out like a normal car door then goes up and you have to hold it down till it gets to that point while opening. Same deal with closing. If you are at the bonfire i can show you what i mean. Still a thought atm haven't got any idea how i can do a swap or anything. We can sus it all out on the bonfire :)
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

My beast would look good with em.. :)
    I just had to add it ......
    sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
    I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
    Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
    :utbnb:
    renzkuken1
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

ahah that's why i bought my fto, the doors. Had no idea what an fto was and didn't really care at first. now i love it and have spent a lot of money working on it :p
    So the question is should i keep my lambo doors or revert back to normal doors? I'm not sure what a fair trade for them would be as kits go anywhere from 500-1500 online. Is there anyone that can offer me a really good trade for it, say a full swap and money towards the paint job. Also i'm not 100% certain but i think we may need to swap fender guards also. As mine is aftermarket i assume for the scissor door mechanism.

It was just an idea reverting to normal aha, i'm still not sure if i want to. But please let me know in message that you're interested and to what extent you're willing to trade. I was looking at getting scissor doors for another car and installation costs and i got quoted 2grand LOL so maybe that's why my fto cost me 13000 :/

If i was to keep them, i would look at getting myself larger psi hydralic lifters and get them re adjusted. Just so i can let go of them when they go up rather than holding them and so they would come down and close easier than they are now. A great project but as i said again i'm not sure if i want them aha it has been a year nearly of opening and closing the door for all my passengers (except the close friends and girlfriend who learnt how to do it themselves :) )
    renzkuken1
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

OK
    so after much speculation i have decided that i am going to buy a bolt on motorized kit for my doors and have them remote close and open. Geez gonna have pumped 1500 into them after this but owell.

I still can be bended into getting rid of them if the offer is tempting enough, im so undecided argh i hate it :P
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Honstly.. If I were u I would keep and adjust..

There are very few FTOs here with them, which is what makes it unique.. I would love to offer some cash, but am saving for the rear bar to be resprayed and possibly a full colour change.. But yeah.. Depends on when ya wanna sell ..
    I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
    renzkuken1
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

rock_it wrote:Honstly.. If I were you I would keep and adjust..

There are very few FTOs here with them, which is what makes it unique.. I would love to offer some cash, but am saving for the rear bar to be resprayed and possibly a full colour change.. But yeah.. Depends on when ya wanna sell ..
    You do make a very good point mate, and if i get them motorized it will fix the whole problem of me opening and closing it for my passenger :lol: ok getting full respray this week sometime, ill get him to shave off the mechanism and readjust it for me while he does the respray :) Thanks for all the interest i got though, i was really surprised how many people were keen on scissor doors!!

Look forward to seeing you all at the bonfire :D
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

No probs.. Am keen to see the setup..
    phunkydude
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

I hate you Craig! :lol:
    I was that close on snatching it... and you changed his mind :bounce:
    bduffman
    Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

yea i would love sissor doors but end of the day if you were to sell them dont just sell them to any one no point having custom doors on a sh*t fto
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

phunkydude wrote:I hate you Craig! :lol:
    I was that close on snatching it... and you changed his mind :bounce:
    If I don't get them no one can.. :lol:

But yeah.. Oops.. Sorry..