Attempted theft of R34

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Dan25
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Attempted theft of R34

Post by Dan25 »

I'm stunned at the extent to which some car thieves will go to steal a car, and just how blatantly obvious they can be and yet go 'undetected'.

A woman at work the other day (shopping center) had her R34 (pretty sure it was a GT-R) parked a few spaces from mine. Her alarm was disabled, window was smashed, steering lock broken and ignition totally destroyed. When that failed to get the car moving, they decided to attempt to tow the car away with a rope. However, intuitively, the ol' skyloin refuses to move out of park mode if the ignition isn't engaged correctly or is tampered with.

Luckily they failed and she still has her car, despite the minor headache of replacing the broken parts.

But my point is... SERIOUSLY!? It's absolutely ludicrous that all of the above was carried out in a busy shopping center car park at peak time, WITH security cameras around and these guys can just casually walk away? Are we supposed to believe that not one soul noticed this going on? I certainly don't.

Just goes to show how far down the drain society really is when people can't even step up and do the right thing by going at least some way towards preventing what was an obvious crime in progress against someone else's propert
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Re: Attempted theft of R34

Post by Shhtuart »

Yeah I know exactly what you mean.

I had some teenage kids hanging around my car a few months back so me and my mate casually walked up like "hey nice car guys, what is it?" and one of the dumb fucks goes "yeah its an FTO" so i played along saying how nice it was and this guy was sitting on it all cocky until i pulled my keys out and unlocked it. He sh*t himself and i told him to f**k off before i put his head through the window and they walked away.

Just dodgy looking kids. Just don't leave anything valuable looking in the car and they probably wont try it.

I just wondered that if they hung around my car long enough then tried something if anyone would have looked twice :evil:
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

society hasnt changed it has always been like that.

there are many psychological studies exploring the type of behavior where people simply ignore something bad that is happening around them.

the more public the place, the more people ignore it.

e.g if someone witnessed the same thing happening in a carpark at night and they are the only one around they are much more likely to alert authorities etc, however as more and more people are there the chances of each individual doing something gets less and less.

when i can be bothered ill look through course work from earlier this year and see if i can find some of the studies i read about if your actually interested in reading about them.
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

Shhtuart wrote: Just don't leave anything valuable looking in the car and they probably wont try it. :evil:
20% tint ftw! = harder to see into car, especially at night :D
(although they can always look in through the front windscreen haha)